Start a Conversation

Unsolved

4 Posts

May 2nd, 2022 06:00

Dell 5537 turning off automatically after 10 seconds

My dell 5537 suddenly stopped working properly after leaving it off for a couple of days. Everytime i press the power button it shows the dell logo then windows logo for a split second then shuts down.

I have tried replacing the ram, cmos battery, hard drive, power button, and cleaning the fans.

I cant even stay in the bios without the laptop shutting down.

Is there any solution?

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

May 2nd, 2022 07:00

Is it able to run on AC?

3 Apprentice

• 

559 Posts

May 2nd, 2022 18:00

Did you check the heatsink and make sure that it securely mounted on the processor? It sounds like it's not transferring heat away from the processor, which heats up very quickly. Another tell tale sign would be the fans quickly reving up to max speed.

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

May 4th, 2022 02:00

Run a full (complete) diagnostic test to check all hardware on the system. The full test will perform a much more thorough analysis on the system. This will run a stress test on all hardware devices which will goes even deeper to find any possible hardware issues.

4 Posts

May 5th, 2022 06:00

Nope, doesn't run when plugged in or with the battery.

4 Posts

May 5th, 2022 07:00

Yes,I have replaced the thermal paste and securely mounted the heatsink but that didn't change anything. 

4 Posts

May 5th, 2022 07:00

Unfortunately i can't even get into the diagnostic test without the laptop shutting down. 

No Events found!