Closed

S

1 Rookie

• 

18 Posts

February 11th, 2022 03:00

Dell BIOS Update file does not start or install

Hello guys,

I want to manually update BIOS version (with the last updated one on DELL's site) but when I try to run the .exe file nothing happens at all. I tried multiple times but no success ...

So, how am I going to updated to the newest BIOS, when the file doesn't start.

*BIOS file: Inspiron_3467_3567_2.18.0

9 Legend

• 

12.2K Posts

February 11th, 2022 04:00

Have you tried the update from the BIOS boot menu? The instructions are on this support page. And be sure that you need the BIOS to correct a problem that you are having. Just updating the BIOS for the simple reason to have the newest version is not something I recommend. The forum is full of messages from users that were attempting to update the BIOS and during the process a problem occurred resulting in a bricked MB. I guess I am very cautious perhaps too much so, but if you are sure you want to update just carefully follow the steps and take your time.

1 Rookie

• 

18 Posts

February 11th, 2022 05:00

Thank you JOcean, for your quick reply ...

I agree with you, you are totally right that, while updating BIOS issues may arise.

But there are a couple of major problems, which I may resolve ... Never did a manual install with a bios.exe that won't run itself and updating bios via boot menu seems scary enough for me ...

Wish, there was "another" easiest way ...

1 Message

January 29th, 2023 11:00

The same thing is happening to me.  Did you find a fix you’d be willing to share?

Thank you!

No Events found!