Start a Conversation

Unsolved

K

2 Posts

July 3rd, 2020 09:00

Dell G3 15 3579 FPS Drops

Dell G3 15 (3579) says it's a gaming laptop but mine seems to always drop its FPS while I'm playing games like Valorant, and it is a bit laggy sometimes. I have tried everything I saw on the internet to fix it, from disabling startup softwares to defragging and optimizing my disk. Nothing seems to work, and my laptop still drops FPS while I'm playing, and takes forever to load into the game. The specs of my laptop are Intel Core i5-8300H, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050, 1TB HDD, 4GB RAM. I don't know much about laptops. Does my laptop has system issues? Do I need an upgrade like adding RAM, or SSD? What should I do? Thank you in advance!

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

July 3rd, 2020 11:00

Gaming laptops usually have at least 8gb ram. Are you sure about your 4 gb ram? That would be unusual. Your model has 2 slots for ram. Each slot should have 4gb. You might see only one of the slot. Open Settings, System, About to check your specs. If you do have 8gb that should be enough for your model.

See this review of your model-- 

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3301342/dell-g3-15-3579-review-budget-gaming-laptop.html

Ram is the only thing you can upgrade.  You cannot do anything about the cpu or graphics.

Add ram-- https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/dell/dell-g3-3579

Your service manual has the directions for installing ram. Ram should be installed in matching pairs. Dell or Crucial ram is best for compatibility.

July 5th, 2020 20:00

Thanks for the reply! I bought this laptop almost 2 years ago, I've also tried your advice to check my specs. It says that my laptop only have 4gb of ram. Should I upgrade already?

2 Posts

September 27th, 2020 02:00

According to my knowledge, there was no 4GB Ram variant for dell G3 with i5 8th gen specs. My Dell G3 specs are : i7 8th gen, Nvidia GTX 1050Ti, 8 GB Ram, 1TB HDD , 128GB SSD. I also have same issues in lowest settings (everything low).The fps, I am getting is not even around what GTX 1050Ti must offer. I get only 40-50 fps that too drops to 30-20 fps many times :\.Where as my FPS should be 150-200FPS. My GPU is underperforming and my laptop also gets to much heated comparing to other G3 with same specs. Dell G3 is not a good gaming laptop as the thermals are just 

2 Posts

September 27th, 2020 02:00

The game, I am referring to is VALORANT. 

2 Posts

November 13th, 2022 12:00

Did you find solution ?

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

November 23rd, 2022 01:00

Update the Intel thermal framework driver from the Dell support website. Run a video stress test using the Dell support assist.

Open Support Assist- Click on the Troubleshooting tab -Click I want to check a specific hardware – Video stress test.

If there are no graphic card issues the FPS should not have too much of variations anything in the range of 10-12 frame drop is fine, the average on a Nvidia 1050 card should be between 40- 55 FPS.

Also check for the GPU Temperature this should not exceed 95C under heavy gaming.

Let us know if you need any assistance.

March 12th, 2023 12:00

while the frame drop even my charging keeps dropping every time

No Events found!