Start a Conversation

Unsolved

E

1 Message

March 21st, 2019 09:00

Dell G3 17 - adding backlit keyboard?

Anyone know if it's possible to add a backlit keyboard to a Dell G3 that didn't originally come with that option?

Do all the G3 17's have the power connector for the backlit keyboard?     Thanks

• 

17K Posts

March 21st, 2019 09:00

You should be able to add a backlit keyboard to the computer. For backlit keyboards contact Dell Spare Parts at 1-877-717-3355 or click the link below.

For my notes, click my username and send me the pc service tag number via private message as well as your Registered name
Email address
Phone number

2 Intern

• 

590 Posts

March 22nd, 2019 17:00

Look closely at the Service Manual for removing the keyboard on the Dell G3 17 (3779) - page 69.  Last step in procedure is "After performing the above steps, we are left with the palm rest and keyboard assembly".  A picture of the underside of the palm rest is shown with keyboard still attached to it.  Full stop.  There seem to be no screws to attach/remove the keyboard. 

Keyboard appears to be plastic-rivet bonded to the palm rest.  I would love to be wrong about this. 

I also would like to change the keyboard (the blue on black contrast is horrible, making lettering hard to read - would much prefer white on black and with white back-lighting).

No Events found!