Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 2nd, 2020 23:00

Dell G5 5590 laptop slow performance

First of all, why is there a huge beeping sound when I open the laptop? I get it support assist wants to check the hardware and stuff, but why the HUGE BEEP? The entire neighborhood would know I just started up my laptop, thanks for that.

Second, your Dell support software are not working so damn well. For instance, my laptop reminds me once a day to update the Dell Support Softwares, saying 6 updates are available. I click update, nothing happens. I click show details, nothing happens. And the notification will pop up again tomorrow. 

Here comes the thing, I bought this as a gaming laptop, so I was expecting a constant, stable, mid-tier performance from it. But guess what, the frame rate is even on low settings, because I have to press F7 for the Alienware control center to turn on the high-performance mode every 5 seconds, After I press F7, wow stable 60 fps, for 5 freaking seconds. Then everything just went back to again. So clearly this laptop has the power to play games on high settings at 60fps, but it clearly does not want to, or at least the freaking alienware control center does not want me to enjoy games at 60 fps. Just what the hell?

Besides that, the laptop often experience random temporary freezes, ranging from 1 second to 15 seconds. On photoshop, 3d softwares, games, google chrome, everything I use there's a change this thing would freeze, even there's almost no CPU and RAM usage. 

I purchased Dell cuz I thought it would be reliable, but after almost a year of using the best I could describe this laptop, is a buggy . 

July 21st, 2020 23:00

Agreed. My photoshop is slow as heck. Laptop does not live up to its specs

108 Posts

July 22nd, 2020 03:00

The entire G series is bad. We're all in the same boat

December 18th, 2020 05:00

Hello,

I just received my Dell G5 Gaming. Now I'm ready to send it back. It is painfully slow on normal processes, and it is very loud. Sorry I purchased it. Glad I'm within the 30 days for returning it!

No Events found!