Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 5th, 2021 15:00

Inspiron G7 17 7700, RTX 2070 Super not found

Today when I was gaming with my laptop, it suddenly turned off and I can no longer access Windows. I hard reset it several times and eventually it ran diagnostic test and say there are something wrong with the graphics card temperature. From the BIOS, the dGPU (RTX 2070 Super) is gone while only the Intel GPU is present. Can someone help please?

Specs:

• Intel i7 10750h
  • RTX 2070 Super
  • 16GB RAM

10 Elder

• 

24.7K Posts

Try a hard reset -- unplug the system, disconnect the battery from the mainboard and hold the power button for 30 sec.

Then try powering up and re-running the diagnostics.

10 Elder

• 

24.7K Posts

If you're able to start the system, open msconfig and on the boot tab, select "safe mode".  Apply and restart.

Then go into the device manger in safe mode and look under "display adapters".  Do both GPUs (Intel and discrete) show up?  If not, the nVidia GPU has failed - hopefully the system is under warranty.  If it's out of warranty, you're going to need a system board replacement -- and depending on the CPU and GPU, these run from just under $800 to over $1,000.

5 Posts

Sadly I am not able to get into the Windows. Just get stuck in the boot loop and pre-boot diagnostic test.

10 Posts

May 5th, 2021 21:00

try going to Dell OS Recovery and recover windows. Press F12 when when boot logo shows up and goto OS Recovery,(If you have not deleted any partition of dell then you should be immediately at OS Recovery and if you don't have recovery partition then you need to download about 700MB to enter Dell OS Recovery).
If you don't have any important files, try full clean install from Dell OS Recovery(Speed Internet is required), and even though you have speed internet and dell download became slow then try using DNS and Proxy at Dell OS recovery and you are good to go. (Without DNS & Proxy my dell download was too slow and was showing it will take about 4 hours, but when i used DNS & Proxy I clean installed Dell OEM Windows 10 in about 40-50min)

No Events found!