Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 18th, 2019 23:00

Dell G7 BSOD/WONT BOOT

So I recently purchased a Dell G7/7588 and one day while it was charging the laptop makes a loud sound and gives me a blue screen. When it restarted it would show the POST where the dell logo would appear then the spinning logo would hang then the laptop would restart and have a boot loop. Eventually I tried the SupportAssist and it gave me no errors. I have formatted the laptop and reinstalled windows and the problem persists. The laptop would only work if the charger wasn't plugged in. At first I thought that the 180W charger was the problem but a few of my friends have the same laptop so I have tried their chargers too and the same problem occurred. I cannot use my laptop for more than 2 hours because of heavy video editing. I have to shut down the laptop just for it to charge and wait for an hour. PLEASE HELP

11 Posts

May 20th, 2019 21:00

Simply went into BIOS with the charger plugged (F2) then searched for TurboBoost. Then disabled it. Hopefully this helps to the people who have the same problem :)

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

May 19th, 2019 05:00

Could you describe the sound?  I would also call support and get the problem on the record. 

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

May 19th, 2019 05:00

Welcome to the Dell Community  @DropsVFX 

If under Warranty request service!!!

Dell Service Request:

https://www.dell.com/support/incidents-online/us/en/04/srsearch?~ck=mn

Good luck,

U2

11 Posts

May 20th, 2019 21:00

Its okay! I have fixed the problem by simply disabling turbo boost on the cpu. I think that the cpu was throttling whenever it booted but now it is completely fine! I thought it was a motherboard failure but who knows. I still get blue screen of errors time to time when applying drivers but it doesnt freeze or hang anymore. I can charge the laptop and use it completely fine.

4 Posts

October 3rd, 2019 20:00

Thanks a ton bro. You're a saviour. I've been facing this issue since a week now. Was unable to even reach the windows load. This solved my problem. You're really a saviour. If you were near me would treat you for dinner and hug you. 

No Events found!