Start a Conversation

Unsolved

K

3 Posts

April 24th, 2020 08:00

Dell INSPIRON 15 3567 will not wake from sleep using generic keyboard

Hi Team,

I have Dell inspiron 15 3567 which I use for office work. The issue I am facing is that once my laptop goes to sleep, it doesn't wake up using my built-in keyboard. I have to press power button to wake it up from sleep, which obviously isn't comfortable for me as I fear losing my unsaved work. I have already allowed USB wake in BIOS settings and I don't have a power management tab in keyboard settings in Control panel from which I can manage this setting. I am running windows 10 V1909.

P.S. please refrain from referring me to a different thread without reading carefully the text above. I do not intend to waste anyone's time so if there is a hardware limitation, please inform up front. 

146 Posts

April 24th, 2020 20:00

Set "ACPI Function" to "Enabled" in CMOS to turn on the advanced power management function. Set "ACPI Suspend Type" to "S1 (POS)", indicating that the CPU stops working while other devices are still supplying power; Then continue to enter "Integrated Peripherals → Keyboard / Mouse Power On" (or similar items, please refer to the motherboard's CMOS settings manual for details), and set it to Enalbe, where the set items include Password, Hot key and Anykey, etc. The simple Anykey method is to directly press any button to turn on the computer. After the modification is completed, save and exit the CMOS settings. In the future, as long as it is turned off but the power is not turned off, you can press the key set on the keyboard to enter the previously set key to start the keyboard.

July 9th, 2020 08:00

How to do you get to ACPI function settings. I am unable to locate CMOS settings, I do have power settings under BIOS settings, however, I can't find CMOS settings or ACPI function for that say. Please help!

No Events found!