Start a Conversation

Unsolved

RA

1 Message

December 22nd, 2021 23:00

Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Battery

Hello!!,

I am currently using Dell Inspiron 15 3000 with CORE i3 10th Gen. 

The laptop is working fine, however the battery life of the Laptop is horrible. 100% charged battery goes on for less than 2 hrs. Battery drains too fast and hence we need to keep it plugged all the time. 

Can anyone help me with to understand whether

1) This is absolutely common issue being faced by other users as well? 

2) If we have to increase the battery life, is there any option available. When I am using Laptop I am always connected to internet and also using couple of applications at the same time that runs videos. I am not connected to any Is this kind of battery performance is common in this situation. 

3) I haven't run the battery performance test yet, but I will check that at the time of Laptop booting for battery health.

4) Do we have option(s) of buying a separate and/or new battery that could give us better battery life? If yes, what is the cost in INR?

All the suggestions for improving battery performance are welcome. 

Thanks,

Rahul A

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 23rd, 2021 09:00

I am assuming windows 10 is on the computer....

I suspect battery is failing and needs a new battery replacement. 

Please, keep in mind, most laptop batteries have a life expectancy of two years.

After this time, the battery may lose the ability to hold a charge for substantial periods of time. When this happens, it's likely the battery needs replacement.

Dell Laptop Battery - Frequently Asked Questions | Dell US

Now, you could generate a report of the battery history in windows. The report includes information about battery performance and allows you to observe any decline in battery capacity. To generate a battery report:

- Press and hold Windows logo and press R key.

- In the Run dialog box, type cmd and press Enter key.

- In Command Prompt window, type powercfg /batteryreport and press Enter. (note the space between powerfg and /batteryreport).

- Open File Explorer and browse to C:\Users\Your_Username\.

- Double-click battery-report.html to open the report in the browse

How to get Battery Health Report in Windows 10 (nirmaltv.com)

Check the Design Capacity and Full Charge Capacity in the battery report:

Design Capacity is the actual capacity of the battery it was designed for

Full Charge Capacity is the consumption of the battery's capacity. Over the period of time or usage, Full Charge Capacity get reduced as the battery ages which results in lesser hours of usage between charges.

Example:

Capture.PNG

If the Full Charge Capacity decrease tremendously then it's time to purchase a new genuine battery.

Most of us, purchase a new battery from Dell com or Parts People com.

Dell Laptop Parts | Dell Parts | Dell Laptop Repair | Dell Repair (parts-people.com)

If you purchase a battery from a third party, please make sure it's a well-known retailer which has a good Return / Warranty policy on the battery. 

View additional information in link below, hopefully it will be a help to you as well.

How to Improve the Performance of a Dell Laptop Battery | Dell US

No Events found!