Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

2 Posts

November 4th, 2019 23:00

Dell Inspiron 15 (5570) Battery Replacement

I have an Inspiron 15 (5570) laptop, I purchased it towards the end of 2017 and the warranty expired in February 2019. I had faced an issue with the battery life where it could produce a backup of around 2hrs, more or less.

Now in November 2019, I have started to notice that the battery isn't providing enough power to the machine. Even the Dell Power Management is suggesting me to replace the battery. I am getting a battery backup of less than an hour on a full charge. Even when the battery level hits 10%, the power goes off.

I reside in India and I am unable to find a replacement battery for the laptop, it's not even listed on Dell's website. What should I do and where can I find an official Dell battery suitable for Inspiron 15-5570?

I have seen many people facing the issue with their 5570 machines. Is it a scam by Dell people that degrades the battery even before 2 years that people are forced to purchase a replacement battery?

9 Legend

• 

12.2K Posts

November 5th, 2019 04:00

Battery life is affected by various factors. How often and how long you leave it on the charger. How many times you recharge, as the more often you charge the battery will reduce life (some sites have quoted that the battery should last 1000 recharge cycles but again that depends on other factors). The following link offers more information. Note the sentence regarding Dell.

Dell says "noticeable reduction in run time generally will be observed after 18 to 24 months."

https://smallbusiness.chron.com/long-laptop-battery-supposed-last-72157.html

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln128667/dell-laptop-battery-frequently-asked-questions?lang=en

And where to purchase a battery.

https://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=category&id=141&subid=1172&refine=battery

November 21st, 2019 23:00

Why the older laptops lasted longer with the original batteries?

This makes no sense that a battery lasts just 1.5 years even when we take precautions and don't force anything heavy on the battery. Getting a replacement battery every two years sounds stupid. They are not cheaper. And we don't even know if they would produce enough power for the machine or are powerful enough like the original one.

How can we trust some other vendors for battery replacement? Dell should take responsibility and at least list replacement parts on their own website. Moreover, I don't understand how such a brand would end support for their popular series of laptops in just 2 years, more or less. 

And this PartsPeople vendor - do they deliver replacement parts to India and are they trustworthy, do they provide warranty and after-sales support for any issues?

6 Posts

December 1st, 2019 16:00

I am from Egypt and struggling with the same problem. Moreover, the accredited repair and maintenance partner informed me that they can't replace the battery as they cannot provide a replacement for it. I really feel stranded with Dell and can't even believe that a company like it would do that for their customers......

9 Legend

• 

12.2K Posts

December 1st, 2019 18:00

I replied to you in your original post.

1 Message

December 6th, 2019 22:00

The last two computers I have purchased have been Dell computers.  However, not being able to find a replacement battery is making me reconsider being open to other models when I am finally ready to purchase a new laptop.

1 Message

December 29th, 2019 07:00

i am also facing battery issue in my Dell 5570, i bought this machine just 10 months before and getting worst battery timing of less than a hour.

December 29th, 2019 10:00

Unlike the battery capacity, the battery life is affected by several external factors such as battery discharge rate and temperature conditions. Battery Lifespan. With each charge and discharge, the number of lithium ions within the cathode and anode lessen. 

April 6th, 2020 23:00

Even i have the same problem, the laptop is 1.5 years old now it only has ~3000whr left against 42000whr 

I checked it using the following command 

"powercfg /batteryreport"

now the battery gives only 8 min backup, this is absolutely ridiculous

1 Message

August 17th, 2020 01:00

I am also facing the same issue, please help if anyone got the solution.

I am looking to purchase genuine product from dell.

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

August 17th, 2020 03:00

Call your local Dell office and ask for "Spare Parts".

In the US, another seller of OEM batteries:

https://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=item&id=21830

1 Message

October 13th, 2020 23:00

Reason is DELL main office exists at in US but manufactured in CHINA. Even me also facing same problem.

November 28th, 2020 09:00

WORST BATTERY LIFE

FACING SAME PROBLEM

March 30th, 2021 01:00

Exactly facing same issue, how did you get the issue resolved.

Were you able to get te replacement required

1 Message

December 30th, 2021 00:00

Hi

I also purchased the Laptop in 2017 for my daughter only for doing some basic Computer Subject Practical. Unfortunately battery was a problem right from day 1 as it used to last approximately an hour but my mistake that i ignored. In 2019 Covid started and warranty expired and now the battery state is so pitiful that it does not even last 5 min. Chasing DELL and they gave a quotation of Rs 5050/- including service charge of 2301/- which is very high from all standards !! ..

Following up now for only hardware i.e. battery and waiting for their reply. 

I have many disappointments when it comes to DELL .. they are interested only in new customers. after sales service etc is least of their priority. Even if you escalate to their Global CEO or India MD Mr Alok -- same dull response and behaviour. You can find a DELL original battery listed in many ecomm sites but not in DELL !!  Again when i called up their Authorised Center, they were asking me the part number of battery which is internal. As per them if i carry the laptop to their center, they will still charge me hefty amount even if batter is not available on account of opening the laptop and checking part-number .. Height of service wherein vendor itself does not know its own product and part numbers etc.

1 Message

August 18th, 2023 16:16

@nirvana_490​  I am also facing the same issue , Dell Inspiron 5570 model is pathetic , poor battery back-up , performance wise it is so bad that even my old laptop with less configuration is working much better than 5570 . Instead of buying the 5570 , I should have bought something else .

No Events found!