Start a Conversation

Unsolved

K

1 Message

January 15th, 2020 13:00

Dell Inspiron 15 5578 - Turns off when sleeping, then can't start up fully

Hello!

Lately, my laptop will turn off when it falls asleep. When I go to use the power button to turn it back on, it gets stuck in a cycle of the keyboard lights turning on, the screen turning on (but remaining black), then turning off again. This cycle can be broken by holding down the power button and restarting, which usually causes it to boot up fine. Though, sometimes it does remain in that cycle. 

I've checked my power settings, gone through the advanced boot menu to trouble shoot, used trouble shoot on general power. Watched this video -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEkjmQr3S7M -- but am not sure this would be the actual fix for my problem. When the computer is booted, the performance is fine. 

I recently upgraded my Inspiron 15 with a new SDD drive, which for a few days was awesome. I had been frustrated with my Inspiron's performance but decided to put some work into it. However, the story with this laptop seems to be if it's not one thing, it's something else. Please let me know if y'all have any fix for something like this.

• 

25.7K Posts

January 16th, 2020 07:00

We tried reaching you on a private message but did not receive a response. Please feel free to write back whenever you are available.

No Events found!