Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

1 Message

August 8th, 2019 09:00

Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series Keyboard Compatibility Issue? Or motherboard Issue?

Good afternoon everyone, My Insipiron's motherboard recently had a bad fan connector (it would spin for a few seconds on boot, then shut off and not turn back on, causing the CPU to overheat and lock at .48GHz due to thermal throttling). I recently bought a new motherboard for it, the 7348, which has a higher clocked CPU. I installed it last night, and everything booted great. The only issue was that some of the keys on my keyboard are not functioning. I checked the ribbon connection, and reconnected both connections to the keyboard/motherboard, and everything is snug. When I use a keyboard via USB, it works fine, and I updated the BIOS, and all other drivers. I also uninstalled both keyboard drivers and did a reboot, but cannot seem to use the built-in keyboard on certain keys. Is this due to the built-in keyboard not being compatible with the new motherboard? Would this be an issue with the keyboard connector on the motherboard? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
No Responses!
No Events found!