Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

7 Posts

June 15th, 2019 01:00

Dell Inspiron 15 Service tag system password

Good day and greetings from South Africa. I work in a computer shop here and one of our clients had his laptop stolen yesterday. He recovered it with help of police but now the thieves have put a system password on. I have tried various sites for entering the service tag to maybe get past it but no luck. Can anyone help or recommend my next step besides taking the hard drive out to recover the data? Thank you!

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

June 15th, 2019 02:00

@Psyonix 

Until a "MOD" approves of the photo only you can see it.

Till then regards,

U2

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

Welcome to the Dell Community  @Psyonix 

What is the extension of the "Service Tag"

xxxxxxx-???? 

What is the ????

Please do not post the "Service Tag" only the extension "????"

Best regards,

U2

7 Posts

Have attached the picture20190615_111922.jpg

7 Posts

ah ok well then will probably here back on monday then

7 Posts

Yea well no numbers after the service tag so what now?

7 Posts

Hi there are no numbers after that the laptop shuts down when enter incorrect password 3 times. Can send a picture if it will help

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

June 15th, 2019 05:00

@Psyonix 

Photo rejected.

If it showed your "Service Tag" it would get rejected!!!

Try here.

https://biospassword.eu/dell-without-suffix

Regards,

U2

7 Posts

June 17th, 2019 00:00

Again you refer me to a page that asks me to pay money. That service is not expected from Dell. Will advice from now on to buy different brand. Will never recommend a dell product again.I will advise my client to backup data from hard drive and sell this paperweight.

June 17th, 2019 00:00

Hi Psyonix,

If you are able to open up the laptop and get to the inner workings of it, you could try removing the battery and also removing the CMOS battery, waiting for an hour or so, then putting it all back together and trying again. Information here: https://www.askvg.com/how-to-reset-remove-bypass-a-bios-or-cmos-password/

Regards,

Andrew

7 Posts

June 17th, 2019 02:00

Thank you Andrew i know that.. but some models have the bios stored on a rom that you cant access without reprogrammer. Wanted to do this with the least amount of fuss. Didnt realise Dell could not help and would link me to a site where i have to pay. Lol seems very strange.

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

June 17th, 2019 03:00

@Psyonix wrote:

Thank you Andrew i know that.. but some models have the bios stored on a rom that you cant access without re-programmer. Wanted to do this with the least amount of fuss. Didn't realize Dell could not help and would link me to a site where i have to pay. Lol seems very strange.

If you are referring to me I do not work for Dell and never would work for Dell.

The reason I sent you to that site is because I have a " Re-programmer"  but I would need to have the laptop in my hands to remove the password.

Good luck,

U2

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

June 17th, 2019 03:00

Welcome to the Dell Community  @AndrewJDawson 

Sorry but removing the BIOS/RTC battery does not work any more.

If it is ten+ years old it may work.

Best regards,

U2

June 17th, 2019 06:00

Wow my knowledge is out of date, thanks for pointing that out! Good to know :)

No Events found!