Start a Conversation

Unsolved

G

4 Posts

May 5th, 2020 17:00

Dell Inspiron 5570 - Gaming and General Performance Issues

Hello to all,

Since my first post was not shown to the community nor in my profile, I'm trying to repost it.

First, one quick background: I have this laptop for about a year now and had to change the HDD two times in 2019 and two times again this year because of errors that made it impossible to be accessed - not even to be recovered.

Since week one, I have been struggling from time to time when it comes to performance. Even when just using Google Chrome with a certain amount of open tabs, using Microsoft Office, or trying to run a game in low-performance settings. The laptop not only struggles with CPU/GPU temperature - in the last scenario - but sometimes with HD/RAM and GPU 100% usage (red alert).

Follow the Specs below:

• Dell Inspiron 5570 model
  • Windows 10 Pro (64Bits)
  • Dell 0X34T0 (A01) Motherboard
  • Intel Core i7-8550U CPU @1.80GHz (8th GEN)
  • Intel UHD Graphics 620
  • AMD Radeon 530 Graphics (4GB)
  • 8GB RAM
  • 1TB Western Digital HDD
  • BIOS Version: 1.2.5

I’ve tried to run WoW Classic late in 2019 and managed to play in the super low settings, no AMD boost, with an average of 95% GPU usage, an 85-90 degrees Celsius temperature, and FPS instability for a couple of months. Nothing else running in the background. The game glitched many times, especially during raiding, sometimes not responding, and it was true trying to even play it, so I gave up.

Due to the last HDD change, which happened about a month ago, I’m working with a fresh system (in theory) and decided to try once more to play a game. I’ve tried so far many other MMO games. Even with the lowest settings possible, many effects off, VSync Off,  no AMD boost, different energy modes tests, no other open software, some of those game didn’t even make to the first 10 minutes of playing without increasing the temperature to near 90 degrees Celsius, glitching and stop working with a CPU/GPU 100% usage - especially GPU.

After a lot of reading in blogs and in Dell forum, as well as watching YouTube official and non-official contents about issues with this model, with Inspirons in general, Windows 10 and Dell general performance issues in laptops, I’ve tried many things possible, always worried about not spoiling the warranty.

I’ve disabled some Windows options, changed the power mode options, updated every single drive, always keep the room temperature chilly (around 19 degrees Celsius), use a Cooler Pad with 2 large fans, but nothing seems to make it right.

Here is a quick list of what I have tried so far (alone and combined):

• Updated the BIOS and every software and Driver possible direct from the manufacturer's website;
  • Different Power Plans (Balanced and High) altering the Processor Power Management to 80%-90%, PCI Express, and other options;
  • Fully uninstalled every Microsoft software allowed and Dell software;
  • Disabled background programs running in Windows;
  • Disabled Windows animations and visual effects;
  • Disabled the Xbox Game Bar in Windows;
  • Disabled Intel Turbo Boost in the BIOS settings;
  • Disabled SysMain in Windows Services;
  • Ran the Windows Defender and Windows Troubleshoot;
  • Cleaned %temp% files;
  • Optimized Hard Drive (0% fragmented)

I’ve also tried to use performance software to tune, control, and boost CPU, GPU, Fan Speed, and RAM, but none worked and some didn’t even recognize the hardware.

After some of those tries, I’ve managed to control a bit better the overall temperature and performance, but not even close to being able to run any games. I’m having a lot of difficulties to accept that an i7 (8th GEN) processor, two decent graphic cards and 8GB RAM simply cannot perform well even when dealing with games in the lowest settings possible.

Does someone have any good feedbacks to add? Does Dell have any solution for this? Should I give up?

I’m exhausted, but willing to give this one last try.

Many thanks in advance!

May 26th, 2020 17:00

I'm having very similar issues with the 16gb ram version

7 Posts

June 6th, 2020 15:00

same  things here... i bought it in November 2019 ... and things got even worse after the last updates  ... i think the problem  is in win 10 it self 

7 Posts

June 15th, 2020 01:00

Hi .. if u r still having this issue  the problem was in the BIOS for me ... so i downgraded the  BIOS .. then i faced a overheating problem but installed a driver and things back to normal again or even better ... so try to downgrade ur BIOS and dont worry it will be easy just follow the steps ( Downgrade the BIOS to 1.1.8v )

9 Posts

September 12th, 2020 02:00

I have the same problem for like 5 months now and it is making me go insane like I also did the power saving plan but the thing that's making me disappointed is that I used to run some games like on 200 fps now max fps I get is like 60-80 it is inane how the laptop is now underperforming.

1 Message

May 3rd, 2021 07:00

hi, have you solved? i can't play cod anymore, gpu always at 100% fpu 10, impossible to play

1 Message

May 24th, 2021 04:00

YES I AM ALSO FACING THE SAME ISSUE, EVEN I3 PROCESSOR CAN RUN GAMES BETTER THAN THIS I7 PROCESSOR AND I DON'T KNOW WHY DELL IS SELLING THIS MODEL WITH SUCH A HIGH PRICE AND I7 PROCESSOR WITH ALMOST NO PERFORMACE IT'S EVEN WORSE THAN WINDOWS XP. AM VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH DELL AND WILL NEVER BUY DELL PRODUCT IN FUTURE.

186 Posts

May 24th, 2021 20:00

Add a memory or reinstall the system, turn off the background auto-start software, and add a base fan.

3 Posts

November 16th, 2022 12:00

Hi,

I sympathize with you - many less tech savvy persons run into this type of issue.  You buy a system that for all appearances sake is high end.  Specs like 8GB ram, discrete graphics, etc then get home and can't run your favorite game.  That ks.

You may have difficulty accepting it but this dell is not a games machine.  I have the same laptop and I love it.  I use it for coding, compiling and recompiling projects, light graphics editing, running game maker studio, Unity, Gimp, etc.  It's blazing fast, stable and snappy.  Must be 4 years now without a single issue.  I have the version with 16GB and 2TB hard drive, 256GB ssd.

But you know what, I can't run games on it either. - that's not what its made for.  Shame on Dell, however, for it's misleading marketing.  What they should do is just remove the useless radeon graphics since the system almost never uses it and when it does its performance is useless for anything but simple 2d games.  No 3d .  Yank that out and sell the system as a snappy productivity solution for a couple hundred fewer bucks.

My gaming solution:  desktop pc / XBox One.  Unless you're willing to shell out 2-3 thousand bucks for a gaming laptop.  And even if you do buy a 3000 gaming laptop odds are it won't be a match for a much lower priced desktop system.

No Events found!