Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

1 Message

April 19th, 2019 07:00

Dell Inspiron 5570 core i5

I just booted my laptop (waiting for everything to load basically) and I noticed that my laptop is getting noticeably warm already without loading any apps or programs (I'm just at my home screen waiting for everything to load like I mentioned) then suddenly I've got a notification that says "Your core temperature is at 82 degrees celsius. Prolonged use can lead to permanent damage" My cooling fan is working properly because I can hear it and I can feel warm air going out the vents. And I just got my laptop for 6 weeks now I only use it for school works and light gaming. Help me please :( I can't finish my school works because I fear of breaking my laptop when opening it. :(

9.4K Posts

April 19th, 2019 08:00

Hi abet24,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.  According to the information I have, the temperature you're quoting should not be harmful to the computer and is within tolerances.

Here is information from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful:

How to Fix Overheating Laptop

How to troubleshoot a Overheating, Shutdown or Thermal issue on a Dell PC

If you still require assistance and the system is under warranty, you may contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service request. 

293 Posts

April 19th, 2019 10:00

One thing I do to keep my laptop[s]  more heat ventilated, is I put a dvd or cd empty box under the hinge side..  It is propped up in the back, but the box is not covering  the bottom vent.  Mine are used more so on table tops.  

No Events found!