Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 20th, 2018 15:00

Inspiron 7577, Windows 10 Realtek driver issue

Hello, i have a problem with the sound of my dell. The sound driver creates some kind of lag for the entire system and distorts it too( like the issues discussed in the other threads). I've gone through every single topic about this issue and have tried the native sound driver possible fix ( that fixes the lag issue but the speakers make a pop sound randomly and I'm afraid it could damage the speakers ). Tried the latest realtek drivers from their site, that just made it worse. Tried uninstalling the dell assistance program and that didn't help either. Used DCP Latency Checker http://www.thesycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml and it stays on yellow about 1000 micro seconds constantly, rarely dropping to green. Is there anything else i can do or am I at the mercy of Dell to update their drivers?

4 Posts

May 1st, 2018 15:00

Hello, finally I have the definitive solution for this model! I will explain the shortest possible: The problem that causes the bad noise is the incompatibility of the most recent version of windows with the software of "MAXX AUDIO WAVES", NOT THE AUDIO DRIVER, the solution is download from the official page of realtek the driver.

After installing the correct driver, you must disable the start of MAXX AUDIO WAVES in the windows boot because if you uninstall it, the same windows updates will install it again and again.

1. Open managed tasks and in the start tab find WAVES MAXX AUDIO and disable it.
  2. Open services.smc and find waves audio services, right click properties and select "disabled" in the START TYPE tab.

THIS WAY DOES NOT UNINSTALL WL WOOFER

Restart the computer and you're done

1 Message

August 25th, 2018 07:00

I also had this issue.

As mentioned by another user, disabling 'SmartByte' also solved this issue for me. 

6 Posts

February 21st, 2018 06:00

@robert p The popping issue happens only when i have the native windows hd audio drivers, it doesn't happen with the realtek drivers. As for the latest drivers, I have installed them yesterday when I received the laptop. Another issue that i found is that when i rapidly switch the volume from the taskbar it starts to lag really badly and the sound gets distorted aswell. It's a really beautiful and powerful machine and it hurts to see that its reputation is tainted by some really bad audio drivers.

9.4K Posts

February 21st, 2018 06:00

Hi mihaiv95,

Thanks for posting. 

Be sure you have the latest driver installed:  Realtek-Audio-ALC3246-Driver_JV2P8_WIN_6.0.1.8219_A01.EXE

According to the description it fixes the popping issues.

1 Message

February 24th, 2018 00:00

Hi @robert p

6.0.1.8219 is incredibly problematic. There is no UI for windows 10 to adjust balance and it currently cuts out all bass frequencies leaving the sound tinny and terrible.

I am a musician and I bought this machine for it's processing power for audio production, but it is completely useless to me if their are no suitable audio drivers.

I've seen this issue on a number of forums and there seems to be no fix.

Short of selling and moving to another brand, could you advise any way to fix this. It's a great laptop but how can audio be such an oversight?

Luke.

55 Posts

February 24th, 2018 03:00

I have the problem that the power management of the audio is broken.

The audio card shuts down when there is no audio playing. When you then start a video/audio, the card first has to start again which takes time, so it freezes the video for a part of a second before it starts playing. Additionally, the sound is extremely loud in the first tenth of a second so you may break your ears if you are using headphones. It's really unbelievable.

I have fixed this by following the steps here: https://www.dell.com/community/General/Speakers-popping-on-Inspiron-15-7567/m-p/5155487/highlight/true#M929649

But this is just a temporary fix which may take up a bit more energy from your battery because the audio card will no longer shut down to save power.

2 Posts

February 24th, 2018 06:00

Hi there

I'm so glad that there is someone with the exactly same problem! It happens to my new 15 7567 as well! With the Realtek audio driver, the speaker will make a pop sound every time I pause a video and comeback to it in about 20 seconds. After reading the topic in forum I did the same thing by switching to native driver, however that brings more problems. The speaker starts to make random pop noise with the native driver, even though I'm not playing any audio. This problem is really frustrating as I tried so many methods, spend so many hours on it, spoke to Dell tech support twice and I even have to do a factory reset. Its driving me nuts now!

5 mins ago I saw your post and tried the method @lolametro provided, thanks god it worked! At least for now. If you have the same problem I strongly recommend try this method! He mentioned that it will use up more battery but its not a issue for me as my laptop is mostly plugged in.

2 Posts

February 24th, 2018 06:00

Although it worked for me. I'm still wondering why when change to native audio driver, the speaker makes a pop noise. In my case its only the left side speaker that makes popping noise

66 Posts

February 24th, 2018 08:00

Have you tried uninstalling SmartByte, that can cause DPC latency issues and stream issues. I usually reinstall Windows whenever purchasing a new computer to be absolutely sure no bloatware is there. Hence mine is showing no DPC latency issues or Audio issues. Also you can try disabling the audio enhancements in SoundMaxx settings as well to see if that helps.

7 Posts

March 2nd, 2018 13:00

I am also having the audio latency issues. I have tried the temporary fix to use the default Microsoft drivers but this is not a great long term solution. Is there anyone from Dell that can respond and let us know if there is an updated driver being worked on?

55 Posts

March 7th, 2018 07:00

@mihaiv95 I don't think it will make a big difference. Personally I haven't seen any significant change.

6 Posts

March 7th, 2018 07:00

@avtella I do not have SmartByte installed. If i disable the MaxxAudioPro I might as well just get the windows drivers because the audio loses all its loudness.

1 Message

March 7th, 2018 10:00

I am just posting to hopefully keep this discussion going and continue to make Dell aware a problem exists.  I have recently purchased the 7577 and been having the same audio issues described here.  I've tried most of the steps mentioned except for the power saving option, which I will try when I get home.  I've opened a ticket with Dell but all technical support provided was to reinstall and/or use the generic Windows drivers which does not correct the issues.

I've read on some other forums that this issue may be related to the Windows 10 Fall Creators update which seems to make sense as I did not notice the problem when I first got the laptop.  However, that has been over 2 months now and an official fix is still not forthcoming.  If the forum posts are accurate, it appears there is some finger pointing going on between Microsoft and vendors.  Regardless, Dell needs to fix this for their customers.

24 Posts

March 8th, 2018 01:00

There is no issue on different Windows (8.1, 7). Windows 10 is the culprit.

2 Posts

March 8th, 2018 01:00

Another laptop with audio issues here.

I'm very satisfied with this laptop, but sadly, this kind of things affects the use experience. I tried to solve issues doing what i read in this post, but nothing helps.

I was thinking of format and make a fresh install of W10, but i read somewhere that it doesn't work too.

Any progress? someone is working on it?

No Events found!