Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 2nd, 2018 01:00

Dell Inspiron 7577 freezes when power is plugged/unplugged

Hi all. Basically i have a brand new Inspiron Gaming 7577, i5 7300 HQ, Gtx 1060 Max-Q, and i noticed a strange thing, when i connect or disconnect the power cable while listening to music, i get a micro ( half a second stutter ). Im wondering is this a knows issue , is it hardware or software , because its really important for me , as i can still return it. All help would be much aprreciated. Thanks 

February 2nd, 2018 06:00

Ok, so i have just fresh installed the latest windows build 1709 , and the problem seems gone. Before that , 1703 was installed. 
   Now, i just have to wait for Intel to release their upcoming drivers for fixing the right-click mouse stutter, triggered by dGPU Switch using Nvidia Optimus. 

2 Posts

February 2nd, 2018 01:00

I'd suggest adjusting the default power plan that Dell has set up for you. Try tuning it to something that doesn't downclock your system while on battery power. You'll get less battery life but will most likely solve this problem.

I tried recreating your issue to no avail. I've adjusted all my setting already though.

Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options > Create a power plan(Left Pane) > High Performance

Once created, tweak it to whatever settings you prefer. Hope this helps.

Edit: If you just received your laptop recently, I'd also suggest checking out the post I just made in this forum about WiFi. Unless you're not having any issues ;).

No Events found!