Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

2 Posts

June 8th, 2019 13:00

Dell Inspiron 7577 gaming overheating issue

I've been having this gaming laptop with Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7300HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz[Cores 4] [Logical/Core 1], 16GB of RAM, NVIDIA 1060q with max design and 256GB TOSHIBA SSD drive or a while (about 2 years) and I was really happy with it. Sadly recently I am witnessing my laptop overheating too much. For example at Assasins Creed Origins at MINIMAL graphics settings the CPU temperatures were sometimes over 95 celcius degrees! The whole laptop is lava hot when playing games. I can make a toast on it. And even though the settings were minimal, the gameplay wasn't fun at all. The FPS would drop from 60 to 10 really often. I had this problem with other games like Far Cry 5 and 4, Rocket Legue, Whatch Dogs 1 and 2. I have done a lot of things to get rid of this issue. I have reinstalled the system, bought a cooling pad and weekly ensured that my dell and intel drivers were up to date. I still can't seem to resolve the problem. I think the problem is only with the CPU, as it shows that when the fps drops the CPU was working at its peak. I have cleaned the inside of the laptop (fans and etc.) but the problem is still there. Does anybody have some good advices that could help me resolve this issue? I will be pleased to carefully read them all.

2 Intern

• 

1.5K Posts

June 8th, 2019 14:00

If you're still in warranty you should send it in to have the CPU repasted. If Not then you have 2 choices Have Dell do the repaste or have a local shop do the repaste.

It is possible to repaste your self if you up for it. Download your service manual for your model and service tag, there you will learn how to remove the heat sink will be explained there. Also, there are many Videos on YouTube be sure to watch the ones that are for notebooks. Desktop Motherboard is a whole different thing.

No Events found!