Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

1 Message

December 4th, 2019 04:00

Dell Inspiron 7586 2-in-1 Water Spill, No memory detected

Hi. I go to a uni and need help with my laptop that suffered a spill of water. I quickly turned it off and dried the keys with a paper towel and turned upside down for a few hours. Later, I attempted to turn it on and it will not boot. LED from the keys and the AC port light up but I get nothing on the screen. I kept trying restart it and occasionally on one of the tries, an orange and white light flash. From what I understand, this is code (2,3), meaning there is no memory or RAM detected. I can sometimes get to the BIOS. Please help.

9 Legend

• 

12.2K Posts

December 4th, 2019 04:00

That blink code does indeed mean no RAM detected. After a spill on the system anything could be affected inside the laptop. Open the system up and have a look at the motherboard and RAM. Remove the RAM and make sure it does not look damaged. Also make sure that the RAM slots are dry and the contacts look clean without any water damage. But at worse it is possible that the RAM and/or the motherboard are damaged and will have to be replaced. Directions on removing the cover to access the RAM slots are here.

1 Message

October 14th, 2022 09:00

Hello, Im currently having this issue, mine's a 2..4 code which means memory / ram failure. Idk if d issue is from my ram card itself or from the motherboard but d ram looks physically fine. Anyway by which I can know specifically where d fault is from. I will try the ram in another laptop when I get to 1, but b4 dat is dere anything I can do. Pls Help if U can. Also any advice would be helpful. Thanks

No Events found!