Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

July 25th, 2018 06:00

Dell Inspiron N7110 battery - plugged in, not charging

Dell Inspiron N7110 battery - plugged in, not charging

I have Inspiron N7110 that is not charging even after plugged in.

Have already tried new Original AC Adaptor, with various combinations of the new Original battery out/in, device manager reset, shutdown/restart, etc but still not charging.

With new Battery level at 30% I updated the BIOS to A13, after which the Battery LED is completely off. Before this BIOS upgrade the Battery LED was flashing amber four times, then solid white. 

It seems to me that this battery not charging problem started after an upgrade to Windows 10. But not sure

Can Dell Suggest if Degrade to Windows 7 installation or new Windows 7 installation can really solve this problem? If so, then the culprit can be Windows 10 in our case and I would be more than happy to install windows 7 again. (But do you think, that if Windows control the Battery LED even when the laptop lid is down? No). Also in this very case how to obtain Windows 7 restore as Windows 10 is installed for more than 6 months time and it don't show any option to restore to factory settings. (So please help on how to restore to Windows 7 again)

Can a degrade of BIOS from A13 to A06 can help? If it is not a problem, then I can try this

My BIOS is showing Dell Original 130W Charger and 90W Adaptors are showing as unknown

Urgently looking for a assistance

10 Elder

• 

24.7K Posts

July 25th, 2018 09:00

Windows (and the BIOS version) have nothing to do with the issue - it's a hardware problem.

If you have not changed it, the next  likely suspect is the DC power jack:

https://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=category&id=141&subid=345&refine=dc+jack

(the jack is different depending on whether you have Intel or discrete video).

If the jack doesn't solve the problem and get the AC adapter recognized, the mainboard is bad.

2 Posts

March 22nd, 2020 06:00

Can anyone share how can I do factory reset my N7110 with Windows 7 Home Premium OA (I dont have Windows  setup files, as the laptop came with pre-installed and now old hard disk got crashed)

Please share the link to download above mentioned Windows 7 Home Premium OA

No Events found!