Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

1 Message

July 4th, 2020 20:00

Dell Inspiron i3541 freezing exactly every 2-3 seconds

Hi, I had this laptop for the past 2 years, where as for about a month it started to freeze up every 2-3 seconds. CPU usage and temps are normal and so is the graphics temps and usage. I found a small solution yet not quite, when ever I uninstall the graphics driver the freezing is gone for as long as the driver is disabled or uninstalled, yet some application require said graphics, so once it's enabled the freezing is back. I have tried all versions of drivers for the A6-6310 Radeon R4 APUs and they all seem to freeze every 2-3 seconds. Before this I also re-installed a fresh copy of windows 10 64bit, yet the freezing even occurs at the installation screen of windows (the part when you set up cortana). Thank you.

5.6K Posts

July 5th, 2020 10:00

run Dell Diagnostics

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

July 7th, 2020 03:00

Check CPU load and temperatures when the freeing is occurring.

This is almost always a software issue. Either a Windows function or some app that runs in the background is the problem. When using Task Manager, make sure to us a high refresh speed to catch the faster stuff. Adding the column for CPU time can also help spot problems. You can also add a CPU Usage graph to the sidebar; you might see a spike with the slowdown. If you have a CPU intensive sidebar app, some can use lots of CPU periodically. Another possibility is browser pinned tabs. These are running all the time.

12 Posts

February 2nd, 2021 10:00

I have tried several AMD Adrenaline drivers and several AMD Crimson Relive drivers and discovered that every one of the Adrenaline drivers gives mouse stutter and erratic performance and every one of the Crimson Relive drivers work without problems.

One problem with Windows is that it updates to Adrenaline drivers causing the mouse stutter so you have to set Windows Update to not install driver updates then install the Crimson Relive drivers.

I have been trying to find the newest Crimson Relive drivers which are WHQL.

No Events found!