Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 11th, 2020 11:00

Dell Inspiron stuck at Dell Logo

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 5755 that has an issue in starting up. At first the Dell Logo was appearing and then the windows load in progress sign was appearing but nothing was happening. I followed the instructions to Troubleshoot from Command prompt and ran the commands below to scan and fix issues:

• bootrec /fixmbr
  • bootrec /fixboot
  • bootrec /rebuildbcd

Then the Dell Log was being stuck at the beginning before and the windows load in progress.

I tried the method indicated to update the BIOS driver to version 12 as indicated in this post:

https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron/Recover-BIOS-for-Inspiron-5755/td-p/6037590/page/2

the update was successful and the computer restarted. I can see the BIOS version as 12 now when entering the F2 Setup. However, the Dell Logo is still stuck with no progress. I can hear the computer drive as if it's working but nothing appears. 

I tried to perform a hard reset as indicated below:

https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-us/sln297926/dell-computer-does-not-boot-to-windows-10?lang=en#Repair-Recovery

I also tried to release any power in the PC and restarted.

Still same issue. 

After running Diagnostics, I got a warning error 4302.10 that the battery is reaching the end of it's usable life. However this came as a warning only. Even when I tried to remove the battery and start the Laptop directly from the AC Adapter, it is still stuck at Dell Log.

Any guide is highly appreciated.

I would like to ask if I should try reinstalling Windows by booting from the CD? Would this be right to try?

Thanks in advance,

Grace

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

October 12th, 2020 07:00

If there is important files on the hard drive that you need, I would boot into a Linux live USB and retrieve the files.

If not, clean installation of Windows 10.

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

October 11th, 2020 14:00

See if you can use a USB flash drive created by Media Creation Tool on another PC to repair your Windows 10.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

3 Posts

October 12th, 2020 06:00

Thanks for the feedback. 

Now after attempting to Repair windows from the media, i'm no longer getting stuck at the Dell Logo but back to the original problem.

Repairing windows gave me an error:

"Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC" and an error log was generated under C:widnows\system32\LogFiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

When opening this file from Troubleshoot > Command Prompt, the log file showed that no problem, but gave at the end:

"Boot status indicates that the OS booted successfully."

However, the screen is still stuck in the processing icon with a mouse and cursor but a black screen with no further feedback.

Any guide is helpful.

Thanks,

3 Posts

October 12th, 2020 23:00

Thanks that worked and I am able to use the laptop again.

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

October 13th, 2020 12:00

Glad it worked out.

You may want to look into using free backup software to create image of your hard drive so that you can restore from it if something goes wrong like this. Save time.

No Events found!