Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 29th, 2022 14:00

Dell inspirion 15 5565 Does not recognize battery and charger.

When I turn on my with its charger since the battery does not have a charge, it marks this

"WARNING: The battery cannot be identified. The system will not be able to charge this battery"

(I give it continue, when I turn on windows, the programs load, it marks this, "power manager lite,
Unable to determine the type of AC power adapter, The system will slow down and the battery will not charge. This problem can be solved as follows:
-Make sure the plug is fully inserted for the best performance of the system.
-Connect a 45w or above dell adapter.)

It keeps giving me an error with the charger, a friend who has the same laptop as me lent me his charger and nothing changes, he keeps showing the same errors, they recommend that he did the Dell diagnosis, before starting it, he marked this for me

Charger - The AC Unable to determine wattage and type of power adapter, battery may not charge
. Continue with the test?

and this marks me from the battery

[Drums]

Battery charge cycles
main = 9
temperature =30C 
Voltage = 500Mv Current = 0mA Remaining capacity = 0.00 Wh
Total capacity = 36.84Wh
Loadrelative = 0% Battery Status = 100% Date manufacturing = 4/2/2017
Serial number = e210 and this from the charger ** Charger - Functional Test ** AC adapter present: Yes AC adapter power: Unknown Test results: Warning
message: Unable to determine AC adapter wattage and type, battery may not charge someone who can help me, thank.

9 Legend

• 

12.3K Posts

June 29th, 2022 15:00

If the adapter cannot be recognized, and make sure it is a genuine Dell OEM charger,  it is usually 1 of 3 problems. Either the adapter is defective, the DC jack is the cause with a broken or bent centre pin, or the MB itself has a problem. From your post is does not appear to be a battery problem but rather everything points to the adapter.

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

June 29th, 2022 15:00

Failure to recognize the adapter can be a bad plug on the adapter, a bad jack in the system, or a faulty system board.  First try a new OEM adapter;  if that isn't recognized, then replace the DC jack.  One of those two usually solves the recognition problem.

If not, you'll know the charge circuit is bad and the mainboard will need to be replaced.

A battery made in 2017 is well past its lifespan -- it likely needs to be replaced.

June 30th, 2022 11:00

how much does a MB cost for an inspiron 15 5565 laptop, or where can i buy a motherboard for this laptop?

9 Legend

• 

12.3K Posts

June 30th, 2022 11:00

This is a page at Parts-People which lists motherboards. But follow @ejn63 suggestions first. A MB replacement would be the last fix after eliminating all other possibilities.

2 Posts

December 23rd, 2022 14:00

• I had the same problem. My Dell battery and new Dell charger cord were purchased a few months ago and the computer was charging until today. Now, just a few months later, I am having the same issue again with the computer not charging/ recognizing the power supply. Totally aggravating!!
No Events found!