Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 26th, 2018 09:00

Dell inspiron 13 5000 series keeps shutting down

My Dell keeps shutting down after signing into my account. This happens after 15-25 seconds of logging into the account. Can anyone help?

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

December 27th, 2018 09:00

This seems to be something to do with the operating system. Does the system always shut down after you log in, or are there instances where it gets to the desktop screen?

Do you have any external devices connected? Anything like a printer, docking station? If yes, please disconnect them & reboot.

Did you install any software or games recently?

Please start the computer into safe mode by following this link & check if the computer boots to the desktop screen.

9 Legend

• 

12.2K Posts

December 26th, 2018 11:00

If you leave the screen on the login but do not login does the system still shut down? Have you tried it in Safe Mode? Any error messages when it shuts down? Any flashing led indicator lights or any beeps?

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

December 27th, 2018 07:00

Thank you for your message. Did this issue start after any recent Windows or BIOS update?

Do you observe any abnormal fan noise or heating issue with the system?

Does the system reboot if you do not log in to Windows, try getting into the BIOS screen & check if the issue persists?

Try running a hardware diagnostic to check if there is an error or if it shuts down.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it?

1 Rookie

• 

15 Posts

December 27th, 2018 08:00

Please read my messages

4 Posts

An error message sometimes pops up before shutting down.

'The application was unable to start correctly (0×c0000142)...'

4 Posts

The laptop won't shut down if i stay on the login screen but after i login to user account it shuts down after 10-15 second

1 Message

February 27th, 2020 08:00

Is this really the solution? some stupid generic answer that leads to nowhere and call it a solution? you must be kidding me, yes it is a OS problem as the laptop was sold by Dell with that OS, if you want to be more specific, it is a laptop with a Driver problem, how am I so sure? I tested Linux, it stays on with Linux for Days no shutdowns, yet Dell's video  drivers cause this issue, and they will deliver a stupid nonsense generic answer, and call it a solution, on first search result that comes on freaking google, chee Dell just tell us Shut up Stupids, that will be more respectful than your stupid Bot answer.

No Events found!