Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

1 Message

May 22nd, 2019 20:00

Dell inspiron 15 3567 i3 4gb ram too slow

my dell inspiron 3567 runs too slow since i bought it...it's too irritating..suggest me somethingto get it faster

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

May 23rd, 2019 03:00

Welcome to the Dell Community  @Ash_01 

You have 2 hardware options:

1. Increase memory. Up to 16GB but 8GB will be fine.

2: Upgrade HDD to SSD.

Inspiron 15 3000 Setup and Specifications:

https://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/inspiron-15-3567-laptop_reference-guide_en-us.pdf

Inspiron 15 3000 Service Manual:

https://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/inspiron-15-3567-laptop_service-manual_en-us.pdf

Until you decide what to do with the hardware try this. 

First thing is to do a “Disk Cleanup”

Disk Cleanup#1.PNG

Check everything except “Delivery Optimization Files”

Click on “OK” then “Delete Files”

Next do a “Disk Defragmentation and Optimize”

Defrag#2.PNG

Click on “Optimize”

If an SSD is installed you do not need to run “Defrag”

Next go to “Advanced System Settings”

Performance settings#3.PNG

In the “Performance” box click on “Settings”

Best Performance#4.PNG

Click on “Adjust for Best Performance”

Then click on “Apply”

Next click on the “Advanced” tab.

PerOP#5.PNG

Make sure “Programs” is selected in the “Processor Scheduling” box.

In the “Virtual Memory” box click on “Change”

Vmem#6.JPG

Click on “Custom Size”

Set “Initial Size (MB)” larger than the “Recommended:” size.

Then set the “Maximum Size (MB)” larger than the “Initial Size (MB)”

Click on “SET” and then “OK”

REBOOT:

Best regards,

U2

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

June 25th, 2019 07:00

@Suveeshi wrote:
My dell 3567 is also very very slow. It is my first wrong decision to buy a dell laptop.

You have not clue what you are talking about.

A Dell laptop does not automatically make it "slow".

The amount of RAM, the CPU, and the type of hard drive makes a big difference whichever brand you buy.

2 Posts

June 25th, 2019 07:00

My dell 3567 is also very very slow. It is my first wrong decision to buy a dell laptop.

March 16th, 2021 13:00

As IT guy, I have worked on this type of machines countless of times, and the problem goes to 2 main things

1-The CPU has 2 "cores" which are the top part of the CPU die, that have to make contact to the CPU heatsink, in the main die, the CPU makes direct contact, in the second one, that is smaller, it has only a thermal pad, that goes directly to the heatsink pipe, however, this contact is not ideal, and the thermal pad shrinks over time and usage, so as time goes on, this second die gets less and less thermal dissipation, thus damaging it for overheating, which causes the machine to simply freeze or becoming laggy

2- This one is a interesting one, might be an error in the CPU logic, or might be damage for overheating, but the CPU will run at the MINIMUM speed, all the time, and won't go up, or will go up, but just around 200MHz, give or take, so we are talking about a minimal performance of 400MHz and a max performance of 600-ish MHz, due this failure

some workarounds on this issue are reflowing or reballing (those 2 are very different one form the other, so don't mix them up, reflowing mean adding flux and heat until the part got the soldering points liquiefied, then allowing those to re-solidify, meanwhile reballing uses flux and heat to fully remove the part, then, cleaning all the old soldering, adding, new, fresh soldering iron and then re-seating the part and heat it again until the joints get hot and liquid, and let it cool down naturally) the  the cpu, or in extreme cases an entire CPU die swap

No Events found!