Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

3 Posts

May 23rd, 2020 08:00

Dell inspiron 7567 doesn't turn on because of CMOS battery ? (black screen)

So i did a mistake of reapplying thermal pasting by myself, i used alcohol and cotton to clean. i did it like this over two years ago.

After re-assembly the laptop turns on then off then on again then off again all with a dark screen but i can see the backlight, like it's lighting up again.

i tried to identify the problem by removing the HDD,SSD,RAM,Wifi,CMOS, Battery etc..

and boot each time by adding one of them, in the end i identified the CMOS as the problem which is confirmed by the LED flashing 3 amber then 1 white.

Things i have tried :

• Discharge static electricity
  • Check the video cable
  • Use another monitor through HDMI

The pattern when booting with CMOS :

Fans work -> LED blinking for CMOS -> shuts down -> fans work  -> LED blinking for CMOS -> shuts down -> doesn't boot anymore when i press the power button

The pattern when booting without CMOS :

Fans work -> LED blinking for CMOS -> shuts down -> fans work -> LED blinking for CMOS -> shuts down -> starts the cycle again when i press the power button

So my questions are, what is the problem here ? can a laptop not turn on without a CMOS battery ? do i buy any CR2032 CMOS battery or do i need a specific one ? sorry for any mistake i made and thank you for help in advance

5.6K Posts

May 23rd, 2020 08:00

any CR2032 battery will do if indeed that is your problem

No Events found!