Start a Conversation

Unsolved

F

3 Posts

July 28th, 2019 14:00

Dell product not showing up, SupportAssist not working (trying to fix headset issue)

So I'm having a host of problems with my product. I'm not sure exactly what model I have and every time I search the service tag ( ) it can't find my laptop. I've been trying to do this to get some support because I got a new headset after what I thought was the mic from my last one stopped working but the mic from this one also isn't working on this computer, but worked just fine on other ones. I found info that opening Realtek audio manager would let me get it to work, but the executable I have downloaded just won't open. I found some MORE tutorials saying to figure out the motherboard's company to download the Realtek driver version that's said to work with your specific motherboard but that info isn't listed anywhere on this computer and so I thought to go to Dell since it's a Dell product, but no matter what I can't find my laptop anywhere, not even in my products. I'm thinking that maybe the fact that this is a "Refurbished" version that I got from Dell after they didn't have the parts to repair my last Dell laptop of either the same or a similar model, it assumes it's not an official Dell product. I'm just frustrated because I spent good money on this headset and this computer only for it to have countless issues.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

July 29th, 2019 11:00

Thank you for your message. What is the model name listed on your notebook?  Does it say Inspiron or Latitude?

Seems like this is a Latitude notebook. You can check the system name on the bottom base or in BIOS. Once confirmed, I can move your post to the correct page so that our experts will be able to assist you better.

16 Posts

July 29th, 2019 16:00

Can you launch supportassist by typing supportassist in the find when launched should be dell support assist. If you manage to launch the program my model number is shown on the right across from home with model number and service tags.

3 Posts

July 29th, 2019 16:00

It's some form of Inspiron gaming laptop

3 Posts

July 29th, 2019 17:00

SupportAssist loads for a while and then says it ran into an unexpected error, so I can't get far enough in to see any info like that.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

July 30th, 2019 07:00

With the initial service tag shared the system lists as a Latitude notebook.

Please check in BIOS to see the system model & check if the service tag matches. Please private message the service tag on a private message along with an image of the system model & service tag in BIOS.

16 Posts

July 30th, 2019 15:00

You could try and write down the error message number, error number and google searching support assist and the error number. 

No Events found!