Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

3 Posts

February 15th, 2019 13:00

Dell will not honor warranty

So, after 4 failed attempts to fix my Inspiron 5577 it was replaced with a refurbished model. Now, 50 days after it was shipped to me, the left side USB ports stopped working then the computer shut down and will not start. Dell automated systems keep telling me it is out of warranty and will not connect me with anyone. 

I was finally able to reach technical support by going through billing but the rep said goodby and hung up on me while I was giving her my service code. Was not being rude, literally just started the conversation with my name. 

To be clear, this is a system fault no power condition. Yes I have tried the dell diag provided by their website, different power source and outlet, remove battery, remove hardware, remove drives and memory and no peripherals are attached. The charge status light functions but the power button light does nothing. when I press the power button, the charge light blinks once then nothing happens. There are no codes being flashed.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

February 15th, 2019 14:00

The refurbished model does not have a warranty. Your original 1 yr warranty original service tag was covered once with the refurbished model. Most likely you do not any have time left on the original one year warranty. 

If you had some time left on the first year warranty for the original computer-- Make sure you give the tag for the original computer not the refurbished one. Worth a try.

February 15th, 2019 15:00

When Dell exchanged my laptop for a refurbished one, after 4 failed warranty repairs, I was informed that there was a 90 day warranty. If this is not the case, then why was I lied to?

No Events found!