Start a Conversation

Unsolved

L

9 Posts

July 4th, 2020 04:00

Does the Inspiron 7573 2-in-1 support 4K HDR on external monitors?

Hi!

I`ve been trying to use my Inspiron 7573 on my 4K HDR TV but i was only able to use 4K 60hz, i can`t manage to make HDR work. Everytime i enable HDR on the TV settings the screen starts to blink and goes black.

I know the cable is not the problem since i tried using my PC and 4K HDR 60hz works just fine. Sometimes when i enable hdr on the tv the screen blinks goes black and then i get signal again but the Hz is now 29Hz.

When i enable hdr on windows 10 nothing happens, the screen just blinks and the option gets disable automatically.

Is there a way to fix this?

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

July 4th, 2020 04:00

Even many of the high-end XPS systems don't support HDR externally - so it's just about inconceivable that an Inspiron (i.e., budget model) would.

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

July 4th, 2020 07:00

@leosouza  Running 4K 60 Hz HDR over HDMI 2.0 requires running reduced chroma rather than the default 4:4:4 "full chroma", which might not be supported by Windows or your GPU.  When running 4K over HDMI 2.0, there's also also the possibility of running 60 Hz, HDR, and full chroma -- but HDMI 2.0 only has enough bandwidth for 2 out of those 3 at a time.

No Events found!