Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 12th, 2018 10:00

Drivers download but never install

I logged in to Dell dot com, navigated to the support page, the page auto detected my Inspiron 17 5759 running Windows 10 64-bit, and I had it check for outdated drivers. 

The system found five that I needed. 

• I clicked "download and install all"
  • After 20 minutes of "download in progress" with 0% progress reflected, I cancelled the download.
  • I selected one driver, the AMD Radeon R5 M335/315 Driver, which downloaded in about 10 minutes. 
  • It's now been showing "Installation in Progress" for about a half-hour, with 0% still reflected in the progress bar. 

What would you suggest would be my best "next-step" to get these updated drivers installed? 

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

February 12th, 2018 11:00

@rhodesmk wrote:

I logged in to Dell dot com, navigated to the support page, the page auto detected my Inspiron 17 5759 running Windows 10 64-bit, and I had it check for outdated drivers. 

The system found five that I needed. 

• I clicked "download and install all"
  • After 20 minutes of "download in progress" with 0% progress reflected, I cancelled the download.
  • I selected one driver, the AMD Radeon R5 M335/315 Driver, which downloaded in about 10 minutes. 
  • It's now been showing "Installation in Progress" for about a half-hour, with 0% still reflected in the progress bar. 

What would you suggest would be my best "next-step" to get these updated drivers installed? 

I have never used the auto detect.

I go to the page for my laptop model. Select which OS version. Then download directly to my hard drive. Then click on the setup.exe file for the driver.

No Events found!