Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 7th, 2019 00:00

Error Bluetooth DELL support assistant.

I'm having problem with my driver software of Dell Inspiron 3442 Pentium dual core processor 3558U. The problem is, support assistance is showing that my BT Driver software is old & suggests me to install new one. But the available Network_Driver_RPTXN_WN32_12.0.1.716_A01.EXE by Dell is already installed in my laptop while I was installing Windows 10. Then I updated to utmost version 12.0.1.1011 by searching in internet & still support assistant is showing to update driver software. What's wrong with Dell support assistant?

Bluetooth model number BCM43142A0.

I'm using Windows 10 pro v1903 with UEFI secure boot. Please give me solution.

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

October 7th, 2019 03:00

Welcome to the Dell Community  @Anonymous 

Try uninstalling and then reinstalling.

Dell SupportAssist for PCs and tablets:

https://www.dell.com/support/contents/us/en/04/article/product-support/self-support-knowledgebase/software-and-downloads/supportassist

Best regards,

U2

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 7th, 2019 06:00

I tried. But it shows same thing.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 7th, 2019 22:00

I have seen some interesting facts. When my bluetooth driver software is not installed after clean Windows installation, I try to detect my driver software from Dell official driver support website. It suggest me to download supportassist so that it can identify driver softwares for my laptop. It is a great regret that it cannot detect my Bluetooth driver software while detecting with web Dell official website. But support assistant shows that there's a missing Bluetooth driver software present & needs to be downloaded. But after installing driver software for Bluetooth, it still shows driver software update again & again. I think it's a problem of dell support assistant server. Please fix it ASAP.

No Events found!