Start a Conversation

Unsolved

DB

1 Message

May 23rd, 2020 12:00

Escalate Dell Customer Service Inspiron 15

I am sorely frustrated with my experience with a new Dell INspiron 15 laptop.  It was purchased at the end of February, and it's now almost June, and I basically have never  been able to use the laptop.  I started a service tag in March because it kept freezing and was EXTREMELY SLOW when it was working.  I spent several hours with technicians on the phone going through all the computer diagnostics until it completely shut down in April.  A technician was sent to my house to replace the hard drive.  After that, it was still slow, and the technician suggested that I purchase more RAM, which I did for $70+.  The Dell technician said that the new RAM was the best solution to the problem.  While awaiting the new RAM to arrive, the laptop completely crashed one day and would not even boot up.  I made another call to customer service and was instructed to send the laptop to Houston service center.  I told the technician about the RAM I'd ordered, and he told me to include the additional RAM in the box so that it could be installed along with repairing the laptop.  So, I sent the laptop back to he service center with the RAM.  I get the laptop back, and the DVD player doesn't work (it worked before I sent it to Houston).  I emailed the Dell customer support again. They called today (May 23, 2020) and the technician got the DVD player to work.  I asked if he could help me verify that the RAM had actually been updated.  He checked remotely and saw that it was the original RAM.  To say that I'm exasperated is to put it lightly.  completely shut down.  Now, not only have I not been able to use this laptop, spent countless hours, had by work-at-home impacted by this, but now I've also put more money into this, only to have the RAM left out...forgotten... stolen...who knows??  So, now I have to wait again, says the technician, to see if the RAM can be found, then shipped back to me, then somehow installed!!!!  PLEASE HELP!  The technician said he would escalate, but I'm trying to see how I can ASSURE this is going to be escalated.  At this point, I really believe that in the name of 'customer service', Dell should just replace the unit with updated RAM and processor.  SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!!  During this pandemic, working from home for me is critical and I'm not rich!  I need a working laptop to sustain.  PLEASE HELP!!!

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

May 23rd, 2020 12:00

This is a user to user tech forum. You need to contact Dell directly again on Tuesday since Monday is a holiday. Offices are closed on weekends. You might be able to check the status of your service request/problems here-- https://www.dell.com/support/incidents-online/en-us/srsearch?~ck=mn

No Events found!