Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Z

1 Message

April 3rd, 2020 06:00

G5 15 5587 Keyboard problems on the system

I have a problem with the bottom horizontal row z, x, c, v, m,>, < and some other keys (Enter, num pad 5 and 6) on the keyboard. These keys can work after, for example, video games, where I often use only WASD and some keys. This problem appeared after updating the BIOS to 12.2.2 and Factory Reset Windows. I suspect a problem in the software and in the drivers. Maybe someone came across the same problem and solved it?

1 Message

May 18th, 2020 03:00

I came across a similar problem when I updated my drivers, but my E,O,P,I,and R keys are intermittently non responsive when my PC runs at higher temperatures. The problem also occasionally occurs at resting temperatures but is far less frequent. No idea what caused or what will fix the problem.

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

May 18th, 2020 05:00

Check if the keys are stuck on keyboard. Another step you can try is to check the keyboard functionality in safe mode and see if it exhibits the same behavior there as well. 

• Restart the computer.
  • Tap the F8 key on the keyboard during the boot process until you see the Windows Advanced Options Menu on the screen.
  • Select “Safe Mode with Networking” from the menu using the arrow keys on the keyboard and then press the key.
  • Select the user account at the log in screen.
  • Try using your computer and see if the issue persists there. 

In case of keyboard, you may also try using a USB keyboard and see if it works. If issue persists, remove the USB keyboard and use an Onscreen keyboard to see if the issue persists with that as well. 

To use On screen keyboard:

• Choose Start/Windows logo → Control Panel → Ease of Access → Ease of Access Center.
  • Click the Start On-Screen Keyboard button.
  • Test out the on-screen keyboard input in any application where you can enter text.
  • Click Options, select the Turn on numeric key pad check box, and then click OK.
  • Open a notepad and try typing on that by clicking on the keys of On screen keyboard.

2 Posts

May 25th, 2020 08:00

No Events found!