Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

1 Message

October 10th, 2020 08:00

G5 15 Steam/S.T.A.L.K.E.R

Good afternoon.

I am looking for some guidance before treating myself to a G5 15.

A number of years ago I was an avid single player of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R series of games which ran faultlessly on my Precision M90 which eventually stopped running and was beyond economic repair.

During the recent lockdown I came across the games in my garage so off I went to PCWorld to get their advice on what I should buy to run the 15 year old games from disc to be told the disc and graphics were not the problem but the modern Operating Systems. I was advised that I would find it impossible to find a modern laptop which could run 10+ year old games.

I have since been told that as the games I'm interested in playing, were and are still powered by Steam, there should be no problem in installing Steam and then downloading the games to the hard drive and playing them from there.

My question is can anyone confirm if that is right? The Steam page says that the supported OS is Windows XP/Vista. I don't want to spend more than £1200 on a laptop if it can't play the games I want.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully someone will get back to me one way or the other.

Nick

No Responses!
No Events found!