Start a Conversation

Unsolved

E

3 Posts

April 27th, 2020 07:00

G5 5590 Internet Connectivity Issue

Hi!

*Sorry in advanced if I put my laptop model on the wrong board*

I just have a question to anyone who could help me with the problem I'm currently facing with my Dell G5 5590 laptop.

I have brought my laptop to a local servicing centre where I bought my laptop to be formatted and have my Windows 10 reinstalled. Everything works really fine with my laptop, however I've just noticed when I brought it home that when my laptop is connected to the WiFi, there will be a connection for only one minute or less. Then it says on the WiFi tab "No internet" while still being connected to the WiFi.

• Could anyone help and guide me on how to fix this problem?

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

April 27th, 2020 07:00

I suspect that the shop did not install all the drivers starting with the chipset.

Locate the drivers on Dell.com and install them yourself.

April 27th, 2020 08:00

That could be the problem I guess. I'll try and install the drivers tomorrow and see if it works. Hopefully it will

April 28th, 2020 02:00

I tried checking device management but it doesn't seem like there are any drivers that are left uninstalled. I did try to install the Intel AX200/AX201/9260/9560/9462 WiFi UWD Driver, but my WiFi is still facing the same problem where it says "Default gateway not available" if I run a troubleshoot. It fixed my connection for a while but the connection is unavailable again which I have to troubleshoot for multiple more times to be able to surf the internet.

The odd thing is my mobile hotspot seems to work well now that I tested it today

No Events found!