Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 17th, 2020 08:00

HDMI and DisplayPort at the same time Dell G5 5590

Hello everyone, i've search everywhere but i've found nothing usefull!
I need to connect 2 monitor to my laptop but i don't know if i can use HDMI and DisplayPort at the same time!

i Have Dell G5 5590 with RTX 2070 Max-Q, i7 - 9750H and 16 GB Ram

Thanks in advance

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

April 23rd, 2020 07:00

@G5PW4  yes. The Intel UHD 630 can support up to three simultaneous independent displays, each up to 4K 60 Hz, so actually you could have 3 external displays if you wanted to and were willing to keep your laptop's built-in display disabled while using them.  Note that what I just said only applies to Windows.  On Linux it isn't possible to completely disable the built-in display, so you can only ever run two external displays.

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

April 17th, 2020 09:00

In the overwhelming majority of cases, ti's possible to use display outputs simultaneously as long as you don't exceed the GPU's maximum total number of displays.  For Intel GPUs, that's 3, and for dGPUs that's usually 3 or 4.  So even if all of that system's display outputs are controlled by the Intel GPU with the NVIDIA GPU operating only via NVIDIA Optimus and you wanted to keep the built-in display active as well, you'd still be able to connect two external displays simultaneously.  The only case I personally know about where display outputs couldn't be used simultaneously involved some Latitude system model that had USB-C, HDMI, and VGA for video outputs and it wasn't possible to use VGA and USB-C at the same time or something.

8 Posts

April 23rd, 2020 01:00

i have Intel UHD 630, is this compatible with 2 external screen + laptop screen?

No Events found!