Start a Conversation

Unsolved

MA

1 Message

July 12th, 2020 07:00

HDMI connection

Hi,

I have an issue with connecting my laptop (inspiron 15 5593) to TV that the sound comes from the laptop not from my TV (toshiba)

I tried to change the output from playback devices but there was no option appeared for HDMI

also I tried to enter device manger but i didn't find a HDMI in sound drivers

I hope you can help me 

Thanks in advance,

playback deviceplayback device

device managerdevice manager

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

July 12th, 2020 08:00

@menna ali  Install/reinstall the Intel Graphics drivers.  That driver package includes a driver for the Intel HDMI Audio output, which Device Manager indicates has a problem.  If it still doesn't work, try completely uninstalling the Intel Graphics application from Programs and Features (not Device Manager), restarting, and then reinstalling them.

November 30th, 2020 19:00

Have the same problem with my new Dell 7706. Was on the phone for two hours with Dell Tech, and even with remote control he could not get audio from the laptop to go to my Vizio TV via HDMI. He too was puzzled the Computer does not "see" the TV. Funny my 6 year Dell Laptop can talk to my new three month TV with no problem but my 11th Gen processor Laptop cannot not.

Does it matter that it is HDMI 1.4 to stop audio? In the manual it states Video output HDMI 1.4, does that mean video only and NO sound?

The Vizio TV has HDMI 2.1, the cable  I believe is 2.1 too.

December 1st, 2020 09:00

Just noticed Dell has the Intel UHD Grapics driver on its support page, but I have the new 11th gen

Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics with shared graphics memory

Does that make a difference?

2 Posts

July 12th, 2021 19:00

I just purchased the Dell Inspiron 7706 and am having the same problem....video works fine, but I can't seem to get the audio to play out of the TV....did you get any response or get this resolved?

2 Posts

July 12th, 2021 19:00

Also cannot get my sound to come out of the newly purchased 32" Curved Dell Monitor with speakers!!

11 Posts

August 4th, 2021 04:00

Same here & I am on my 2nd laptop now (the 1st was replaced by Dell for this issue) and they are both exactly the same - no audio via HDMI. I don't even have the Intel display audio drivers despite installing everything. My IT dept have had 4 different guys on it, I have spoke to numerous people at Dell and there is still no fix!

11 Posts

August 4th, 2021 05:00

I have just fixed this, if you select the Intel High Defenition Audio Device (with the error in device manager) then select update driver but choose > 'let me pick from drivers on this machine' choose > Sound & Video Controllers then pick the latest Intel display audio driver

No Events found!