Highlighted
Kayla113000
1 Copper

!HELP! Factory Reset Inspiron 11 3000

Hey,
I'm trying to Factory reset my Dell Inspiron 11 3000 laptop, anytime I try to factory reset it, it says I have to make more room in the OS (CSmiley Happy file, but when I go to the file, there's nothing there. Anyone know what to do?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: !HELP! Factory Reset Inspiron 11 3000

Hi Kayla113000,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

To be sure we are on the same page, please follow the below steps to reset your system:

Perform a factory reset - Dell Inspiron 11z

1. With the device off, press the Power button and then immediately press and hold the F8 key.

2. With Repair Your Computer highlighted, press Enter.

3. With US selected for the keyboard input method, click Next.

4. Ensure the Password field on the System Recovery Options window is empty and click OK.

5. Click Dell Data Safe Restore and Emergency Backup.

6. On the Welcome screen, ensure Restore computer and preserve my new or changed files is selected and click Next.

7. Read the Emergency File & Folder Backup prompt and click Next.

8. Click to check or uncheck the desired options and click Next.

Note: When an option is checked, that file type will be saved.

9. Select the desired location for the backup to be saved and click Next.

Note: If the desired drive is not visible, ensure that it is connected and click Refresh.

10. Click Next.

11. Once the Backup is complete, click Next.

12. Read the Restore my Computer prompt and click Yes, continue.

When finished, click Next.

13. Once the restoration is complete, click Restart.

The device has been reset.

Please send me a Private Message and provide your system service tag number
as well as your name, address, phone number and email address for further support
assistance if it is needed.

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
lizWallace
1 Copper

I have an Inspiron 11 3000 2-in-1, model 3185, and F8 is not an option at boot up, but F12 gets me to the process described in support directions, if that helps anyone.

mlt50000
1 Copper

I have the same computer. I'm getting the same message, and holding the F8 key does not do anything. Any ideas?

vbouie
1 Copper

Same problem and same results. F8 does nothing.

0 Kudos
Twinmom75
1 Copper

I am having the same issue but F8 did not work. I tried F12 as suggested by a comment in this thread, but the resulting menu did not include the Repair option.

0 Kudos
Nandogrown91
1 Copper

Hold down shift key on startup.

Select troubshoot/repair

Then reset option

0 Kudos
nyc10036
3 Zinc

@Twinmom75 wrote:

I am having the same issue but F8 did not work. I tried F12 as suggested by a comment in this thread, but the resulting menu did not include the Repair option.

The only option for this laptop with the limited 32 GB eMMC hard drive is to do a clean install of Windows 10.

You do not have to worry about a Windows 10 key because the Windows 10 key is embedded on the motherboard so Windows 10 will automatically activate.

There are many tutorials on the internet about how to d a clean install of Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool.

0 Kudos