Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

3 Posts

March 14th, 2019 05:00

Hard drive failure error 2000-0142

have purchased dell inspiron 3576 on August 2018  in  SAUDI ARABIA.Then I have moved to my home country India. I have got a hard drive failure in my laptop. I went to dell showroom in Karimnagar,Telangana,India but they said we cannot replace laptops bought from other countries.Then  I have taken it to Saudi Arabia with my uncle but they did not replace it again.I have seen that dell products has international warranty. Now I have my laptop with me in India.My warranty expires on May 2019. Please help me.

Image removed as service tag was visible. 

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

March 14th, 2019 06:00

Thank you for your message. I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

As per the service tag for your computer, I see that you have a partner-led carry in service. This service option is valid only in the region of purchase.

For the system to be eligible for an international warranty, the system must have a premium onsite warranty & the system model should be released in that region.

Ideally, the service center in Saudi Arabia was supposed to replace the drive if you submitted proof of purchase.

If you are still in Saudi Arabia & not able to get the drive replaced, I can look into this & assist you further. For any other region, you will have to pay for the service as your warranty does not cover part replacement outside the region of purchase.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

March 14th, 2019 12:00

Hard drives are easy to replace, not too expensive to buy and you can do it yourself if you cannot get warranty service where you are. See the service manual here-

https://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/inspiron-15-3576-laptop_service-manual_en-us.pdf

3 Posts

March 18th, 2019 22:00

Thank you for your reply

@Mary G 

I can do it but how I can get my windows10 in my new harddrive. I don't know how to reinstall windows10.

3 Posts

March 18th, 2019 22:00

Thank you for your reply.

Sir @SreejithR  you said that my laptop has only partner led-carry in service But my Basic hardware warranty expires in MAY 2019.Kindly please help me in this regard.I have my laptop with me in India now

Screenshot (19).png

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

March 19th, 2019 04:00

Hi Naheem703,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Here is information from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful:

Reset or reinstall Windows 10 on your Dell computer

No Events found!