Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

2 Posts

October 11th, 2018 21:00

Hard drive not installed

I have a Inspiron 15 5000 series. While I was using it it suddenly went blue screen and said that my PC ran in to problem. Then it restart itself but then it said no hard drive installed. After I clicked continue it show "Click the play button to...", I tried to click, but I could not move the cursor to click it, so my laptop shut down itself. I saw on the Dell community there's someone facing the same issie as me. So I followed the procedure to press f2 upon startup and then i saw my "Primary Hard Drive = (none)". What should I do now?

2 Posts

October 11th, 2018 21:00

Ohh I finally able to turned it on now. I didn't do anything, just press "close" after I checked my primary hard drive. Then it went on few shut downs and startups on its own and suddenly it is working. What is the problem for this issue?

9 Posts

October 11th, 2018 22:00

Hi

Good day

Good to hear laptop is working for now. However we would recommend to run diagnostics on the system to identify potential hardware issues.  

Power off the system. Hold the Fn key and Press Power button for 2 sec and let go the power key but keep holding Fn key which will intialise diagnostics on Dell computer. Once you see all the Colors click Yes and it will perform the remaining diagnostics including hard drive. 

Once the test is completed you will get a result. If you see any error please note down the error code and validation code and contact Dell technical support.  If you do not see any error and says All test passed then click Ok followed by next question do you want to run memory test you can select no and hit Exit on top right corner to complete the diagnostics. please click exit and reboot the system login to the system and do the steps below.

Note : Ac adapter's should be connected while running diagnostics.

Login to below Link

Dell.com/support 

Enter service tag or do Auto detect on Drivers and Downloads section which will automatically install the pending drivers to avoid this issues further. 

Regards

Spartan

1 Message

November 2nd, 2020 23:00

After clicking on yes on seeing the colours, this shows

16043880419037239292854626981512.jpg

 what should I do ? 

@SpartanT 

1 Message

May 8th, 2021 22:00

Hi Supporter, I got an error message "Hard drive not install" and I want to recover data from disk hard disk so how to solve this issue? 

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

May 9th, 2021 03:00

If the system does not  recognize the drive at all, you will need a data recovery service to attempt recovery.  Gillware, Ontrack and Drive Savers all have good reputations.

No Events found!