Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

2 Posts

October 4th, 2021 17:00

Headphones not working, possible audio driver problems

My boyfriend bought his laptop just yesterday and everything was perfect except for when he tried to plug in his headset and listen to music. He's not very tech informed so I've been suggesting things to try over the phone but nothing seems to be working. I noticed when trying to fix it that he had no Realtek or Waves Maxxaudio on his computer. Neither show up in the device manager under audio and Waves isn't in his startup apps. I feel like I've looked through every forum so please please help us! Thank you for your patience and help.

The sticker next to the mousepad says Inspiron 15 3000

30 Posts

October 4th, 2021 19:00

You can install the Waves MaxxAudio Pro application through the Microsoft Store.

But the Microsoft Store is terrible, and if you try to search for it you won't find anything.

You can load this link in a browser: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/waves-maxxaudio-pro-for-dell/9nb9srtl2kpt?rtc=1&activetab=pivot:overviewtab

This should prompt you to launch the MS Store, and from there you can get the software.  It's free.  It may prompt you to sign in with a Microsoft account, but you should be able to just cancel out of that and still get the software.

It will be listed in the Start menu as "MaxxAudio Pro", or similar.  Don't try searching for "Wave" or "Waves", search for "Maxx" to find it.

2 Posts

October 5th, 2021 19:00

We're still stuck. Under audio in the device manager all that shows up is Cirrus Login Superior High Definition Audio and Intel(R) Display Audio. When we start up Waves, it says audio driver is not up to date, please check windows update. We've updated every driver under device manager and also windows.

No Events found!