Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

3 Posts

April 25th, 2020 10:00

Help!!

So, I have a Dell inspiron 5770 laptop that you were kind of, throw in a firmware update last week! There’s been a problem with my machine ever since, anyway, my favorite game keeps crashing. (FM20) I've tried to update everything, driver, but even Win10. My machine is constantly not allowed to access the graphics system, the application throws an error message. So far I love Dell ....

2 Intern

• 

1.5K Posts

April 25th, 2020 12:00

Well if you sure its the BIOS update that is screwing you. 

To get this information you need to log on to support, enter your model number and most importantly Enter your Service Tag Number. 

That will open all the hardware information on your Particular notebook, You should download and read your Service Manual there you will find out how to open your notebook

from the download section download, the previous BIOS extract it to a USB Chip

Boot to your BIOS F2

You should find sections that deals with updating your BIOS, Mine says To Flash an older BIOS, click and browse to the BIOS file you downloaded. 

This should put you back where you were.

3 Posts

April 25th, 2020 12:00

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately, I can’t think of anything else, since since the DELL BIOS update, I’ve had serious issues. Most of all, I would get rid of this  product. I will try to follow what you wrote and hope to solve the problem. Sure, I don’t buy DELL products anymore because they are poor, of poor quality. Thank you very much!

3 Posts

April 25th, 2020 13:00

Unfortunately, I can't solve it. The game is useless, as is DELL. As soon as I can buy another laptop from a good manufacturer. I'll set this on fire!
No Events found!