Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

January 29th, 2023 07:00

How many monitors possible Inspiron 3525

Trying to figure out if I can hook up multiple monitors. I have one hooked up currently but would like a second one. All options I have tried have failed.

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

January 29th, 2023 09:00

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

January 29th, 2023 07:00

There are options, including docking stations or USB displaylink converters -- it really depends on what you're running, the resolutions you're looking for and your performance expectations. 

This is not the ideal platform for pumping video data to multiple monitors, so even within the realm of what's technically possible, bear in mind you won't see stellar performance.  You won't be doing heavy hauling with this system any more than you can tow a trailer with a Hyundai Accent.

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

January 29th, 2023 09:00

Thanks for your reply! I am an insurance agent. Just looking to have multiple screen displays as I am always multi tasking. No videos or gaming or anything. But I just have the one hdmi port. Was looking into docking station but wasn’t sure if this laptop would support that.

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

February 13th, 2023 10:00

You are my freaking HERO! THANK YOU! IT WORKED!

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

December 14th, 2023 15:03

I have an Inspiron 3530 and I bought a docking station (WD19S).  I've worked with Dell Support and they even replaced the docking station.  I still cannot get my system to even detect my monitors.  Everything else hooked into the docking station seems to work fine.  (Network Cable, Wireless Keyboard and Mouse, and USB speakers.  Just nothing on the monitors.  I've updated the Bios and drivers on computer and Docking station.  Windows 11 updates have all been applied.  I'm kind of lost here.  Does this computer just not accept multiple monitors or am I still overlooking something?  Any help is extremely appreciated.

1 Message

March 15th, 2024 23:46

I have tried every possible docking and adapter options available.  I have come to the conclusion that the 3525 can only support a single external monitor and it must utilize the native HDMI port. Adapters offering a USB-c to HDMI or USB-3 to HDMI will not be recognized.

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

April 8th, 2024 12:52

@JROPAR328​ what worked for you? I've just purchased this laptop and it will only connect to a monitor via the HDMI, not via the USB-C docking station. Very frustrated

No Events found!