Start a Conversation

Unsolved

VL

1 Message

December 21st, 2020 13:00

IInspirion 15 3000 series:Cord is good, battery and MB are good, but power socket is wobbly and insufficiently charges

I have read through similar posts, but solutions do not address my problem, itemized below:

1. -I work on the go, often on a lap 'desk'. Although the Battery holds a charge fine, the drain that comes with actively using it will drain the battery, which is not being refreshed via the cord during use. To clarify:
    1. Computer will charge if left closed on a stable surface for an hour or two.
    2. If using while plugged in, there is an issue with the battery being charged sufficiently on-going.
    3. I have tried another cord and have bought a new cord, which didn't help
    4. Now, I'm zeroed in on the fact that the socket I plug the male cord end into is indeed loose (wobbly, too much play).
      1. If I have been on laptop for some time, I notice that I am draining battery
      2. *Really annoying* because it isn't getting sufficient charge from cord, the computer keeps clashing on and off power save mode, making the screen darker, etc.
    5. laptop is otherwise working alright. I highly doubt I need a new MB, just to "tighten up" the loose socket. Is there any kind of easy hack or inexpensive repair? I have been getting so frustrated as it has gotten worse over the past year.

-My primative inner brain (ha ha) wants to just wrap tinfoil around the female end in hopes that it both tightens the wobble and keep the charge. HOWEVER, my intelligence is in control;  It would just kill my laptop for good.

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

December 21st, 2020 13:00

Which exact model?

No Events found!