Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S2

1 Message

May 21st, 2020 08:00

Inpiron 5491 2-1 motherboard issue after system went to sleep mode

It seems dell is compromising in the build quality that it used to have.

I bought this model of laptop with a very high hope but my excitement did nt last much as in the first few days itself i started getting hinge problem while using in the tablet mode but that was replaced immediately by Dell support team.

Now after using one month again my frustration went high when my laptop did not come from sleep mode and as it happened during  lockdown(covid-19) i could not get the required help and i i was told the motherboard has been damaged.

It has been close to 50 days now since i raised the request but as it happened during lockdown the parts are yet to be dispatched.

It feels really disappointing to land into such issues with in first 2 month of buying which has impacted heavily on my work life as it was difficult to get any help due to covid-19.

Though now all restrictions are lifted still my wait continues.

Lets see when this gets fixed.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

May 22nd, 2020 08:00

This is a user to user forum. You might try tracking your requests here-

https://www.dell.com/support/incidents-online/en-us/srsearch?~ck=mn

1 Message

July 30th, 2020 00:00

I am facing the same issue since 18 July and the Dell Inspiron 5491laptop model was deposited with dell carry in service centre on the very same day. Yet every time I contact them they say motherboard has not arrived and extend the timeline further. My laptop is only 6 months old I just cannot imagine a 6 month old laptop having motherboard issue and what else is in store for me going down the road and how poor their after sales service is. Also I have not been provided  tracking or anything where I can check the status in real time. I only have to rely on the word of dell representative and it's hard to imagine that there is no more lockdown still they are not getting parts for laptop service. 

2 Posts

September 21st, 2022 00:00

Ive also had issue with a broken hinge on both mine and my wifes laptop! Unfortunately we only noticed it after our warranty period. The internet is awash with complaints about this very problem with Dell, yet they say it is user error. If this were a car manufacturer they would be forced to recall and fix the component for all of these poorly designed hinges. Instead Dell claims user error and enforces a repair at significant cost  to their customers. To make it worse, the touchpads have also failed on both our devices. Never ... ever ... again DELL.

No Events found!