Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

F

April 22nd, 2018 09:00

Inpiron 7577 keyboard issue + more....

so i orderd the 7577 pretty much the day it launched in the us. now one of the fans spins slower than the other.my gpu temps reach around 84 degrees before throtteling. and also the 2wsx and caps lock key on my keyboard suddenly become unfunctional than they start working again than go out again and this keeps on happening.

Now ....

i have the latest drivers or bios and i live in india. so i omething really rong with the hardware or is it a software bug . and if it is the hardware than will i get warrenty here??

PS i did put an internal HDD later , the fans and vents are clean and the laptop was atleast 2 feet from a wall while testing for thermals.

Thankyou.

9.4K Posts

April 23rd, 2018 05:00

Hi flyingthunder,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

From what you are posting, it would appear that your issue is software related, however you should run the systems diagnostics testing to troubleshoot the hardware.  Please press F12 at startup or run Dell Support Assist.  Make a note of any error messages encountered, then post back.  

As for the warranty.  If the system was purchased directly from Dell, and you purchased on site warranty (which would have been an extra cost), registered the system, and the parts are available in India, then you might be able to utilize the warranty.  If the above items are not met, then probably not.  You can check your service tag here to find out what services you are eligible for.

Please send me a Private Message and provide your system service tag number
as well as your name, address, phone number, and email address for further support
assistance if it is needed.

3 Posts

September 9th, 2019 22:00

Do we have a definite solution for this problem? Please let me know. I would appreciate a ton. To me, it seems like a firmware or software issue.

February 8th, 2020 22:00

having similar issue ...tell me what u did to solve it

February 17th, 2020 23:00

My keyboard specifically 2wsx and capslock keys are having problems since last week as well. I was wondering if there are any solutions for this. Thanks!

No Events found!