Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

6 Posts

April 21st, 2020 08:00

Inspiron 13 7000 Battery

Hello. I've owned a Dell Inspiron 13 7000 (7370) for about two years now and recently the battery was swollen. I went to an online website to purchase a battery and brought it to a local store to get the battery replaced. After replacing the battery I can't seem to turn the laptop on without the laptop being plugged into a wall socket. Every time I turn on the laptop (while being plugged in) it tells me that I need to get my battery replaced, even after replacing my battery. I brought it back to my local computer store and they did some checking and they were very convinced that it was the battery problem. Could this be a software problem and how can I check if the battery is a genuine one as well as in working condition?

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

April 21st, 2020 09:00

No, it's not a software issue - it's an issue either with the battery or the mainboard, more probably the former.

As for the authenticity of the battery, only the shop can tell you for certain.  You can look for signs on the battery it's third-party (such as missing Dell labels, etc.), but only the shop can tell you for certain.  Does the system indeed recognize the battery at all at the BIOS level?  F2 at powerup to check.

2 Intern

• 

1.5K Posts

April 21st, 2020 11:00

Sure sounds like a defective battery to me, possibly incompatible or just defective. On Replacing it ensure you are getting a Brand Name or compatible replacement.  Parts-People

6 Posts

April 21st, 2020 16:00

i'm not sure about that, will try later 

2 Intern

• 

1.5K Posts

April 22nd, 2020 08:00

As per your OP, your computer was working before you replaced the battery. And now is not working with the battery that you used to replace the swollen one you had.

So we know that all batteries are not created equal, while this battery that you purchased may fit in your notebook that does not mean that 1. It's not defective 2. that it's not compatible with your notebook.

The Logic is that the battery you use to replace your Original is not working and needs to be changed again. These are cheap and easy to replace. Purchasing from a reputable retailer you'll be able to send it back if it doesn't work which is what you'll want to do with the one you already purchased if a correct replacement does solve your issue!

To get this information you need to log on to support, enter your model number, and most importantly Enter your Service Tag Number. 

That will open all the hardware information on your Particular notebook, You should download and read your Service Manual there you will find out how to open your notebook There will be a section on replacing your battery with the part number you need. Purchase from Dell or Parts People to ensure that you are getting a quality correct battery.

When you purchase from just anyone, you will find there are many generic batteries that just don't work or last very long if the do work. Your description of your issue is classic for a worthless generic.

No Events found!