Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

1 Message

August 29th, 2020 14:00

Inspiron 13-7378: Charger causes a extreme slowdown in the system and sound interferences

Hi, I have my laptop for a 3 years, and his battery and the charger is the originals.
One day i plugged the battery charger and the system became uncommonly slowly -even the pointer movement-. Also when i play any sound (with any software) theres a notorius interference.

The problems stops when i took off the charger, but come back when i plugg in again.

When i turn on my laptop -with the charger plugged on- the BIOS say me "The AC power adapter wattage and type cannot be determined. The battery may not charge. The system will adjust the performance to match the power available. Note: This warning can be disabled in BIOS setup".

I found a temporally solutión: twist the pin, but is very unestable

How i slove the problem?
Ther are in the charger or inside the laptop?

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

August 29th, 2020 15:00

First thing to try is another OEM Dell AC adapter.  If that is recognized, you're set.

If not, replace the DC jack:

https://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=item&id=21841

And if that doesn't get the adapter recognized, replace the mainboard.

March 28th, 2021 17:00

I had this issue with four of my Dells. I’m in the UK. We have an odd electrical system anyway. The problem with the sound is the AC adapter. No problem on the battery at all when using a PA the mains could’ve used. The fix is quite simple. 
audio port to a good Ground Loop Isolator then into the amp. End of problem. All of my Dells AC adaptors are the same. There is no earth!!!!! So a GOOD GLI is the answer. 
I work with 2 laptops at a time and two GLI’s and I haven’t had a problem for nearly 10 years now. 

No Events found!