Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

2 Posts

August 17th, 2019 20:00

Inspiron 15-3521 Won't turn on

I have an Inspiron 15-3521 when it was given to me it din;t want to turn on so I a new battery, charging port, and a a charging cord and still won't turn on. The lights and fan doesn't come on either. I can't afford to take it in to get fix so can soneone please help me.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

August 18th, 2019 07:00

By the way, I'm assuming the LED ( light) on the new adapter is lite up and not blinking? Also, before replacing new battery, you press 'Power On" button for 20 seconds to drain the residual power ?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

If you're comfortable opening computer, I'd suggest removing one component at a time such as memory, graphic card if any or the coin cell battery (CMOS) to see if any will get the computer up and running again. 

First, start with memory(ram). I believe there're two memory slots for your computer. If computer still doesn't start then remove one memory and try using the other one to help determine if one or both are faulty. 

Please view the owners manual thoroughly before attempting to remove any hardware inside the computer in the link below:

https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_laptop/esuprt_inspiron_laptop/inspiron-15-3521_owner%27s%20manual_en-us.pdf

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Please check out the video below, hopefully it will be of help to you as well.

Dell Inspiron 15 (3521 / 5521) RAM Memory Replacement Video Tutorial

https://youtu.be/ue1DgTQJsgg

2 Posts

August 18th, 2019 12:00

No, the LED light doesn't come on at all. There is no signs of life at all.

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

August 18th, 2019 12:00

He is talking about the blue LED light near the tip of the AC adapter.

If the AC adapter is functioning correctly, the blue LED stays lit when plugged into the laptop.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

August 19th, 2019 06:00

Thanks nyc10036

Yes, please unplug AC adapter from the system and then check if the indicator (light) on the adapter is turn off. The LED indicator may be located either on the AC adapter brick or the adapter (DC) plug. If the indicator is turn off then plug the adapter into another  known-good wall outlet. If the indicator on the AC adapter still doesn't turn on then I suspect the adapter is faulty and needs a replacement. Keep in mind, a faulty adapter will not power on system nor will it charged the battery.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

August 20th, 2019 05:00

Any update Ann1027? 

No Events found!