Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

88 Posts

June 4th, 2019 09:00

Inspiron 15-3541, a buzz in the audio

This is on my Dell Inspiron 15-3541 laptop. OS (I just installed the OS clean about a week ago) Win 10 Home 64bit. On YouTube I am getting a random, intermittent interference. The sound is normal in stereo, then the sound drops in volume, goes from stereo to monaural sound, then there is a buzz in the sound, then the sound is back to normal. This used to only happen on the live sound out part of like a movie or a live news feed from the local tv station. The video is fine all the time. Now if I download the same movie via the YouTube downloader program to my HDD, the sound is fine. But if I screen capture the movie via a video capture program the sound problem is in the recording. at 1st no local game sounds were effected. I have never played any online games on this laptop before. I have never had this kind of a sound problem on this laptop with Win 8.0 (that it came with) and Win 7 Home both 32 and 64 bit. The buzz almost sounds like a bad grounding capacitor or a bad staging capacitor between the audio pre-amp and the power amp. I updated the sound drivers with the correct Realtek audio drivers downloaded from Dell support. The sound problem went away for about a week. The random buzz is back again. And now it distorts the sound on every game and app that is running. It doesn't matter if it is a local game or a local prog running. It is also doing it on live audio. I can still operate with this buzz except for receiving digital data transmissions. The buzz messes up the digital data. This is getting frustrating.

I have already solved the problem. Apparently the 1st download of the Realtek drivers was corrupted. I del the audio drivers via Device Manager > rebooted > and download the Realtek drivers again and installed them again. Now no buzz in the audio, audio is clear.

Update. The buzz was gone late last night. The buzz is back again, not as bad but back again. Dang it.

41 Posts

June 4th, 2019 12:00

Does your laptop slow down when the buzzing occurs?

88 Posts

June 10th, 2019 04:00

@xyzmarlon wrote:

Does your laptop slow down when the buzzing occurs?

xyzmarlon
To Xyzmarlon, the answer to your question is yes.  And the video in a movie in the laptop's DVD optical drive,  games and watching a live move like on Youtube or like a live news feed from the local tv station's web page. The buzz also effects my ability to receive digital data transmissions because the decoding prog's are sound card driven.

88 Posts

June 23rd, 2019 03:00

The buzz is still in the audio.  And now Windows it self is been effected. Games slow down and crash during the buzz and so on. I still think it mite be a problem with Spectrum's wireless router or something in the cable tv line.  Both my laptop and my room mates Dell tower have the same buzz. I have some things to do this coming week that require that I stay in a motel. And then we are moving on July 1st. If the buzz in the sound in my laptop is gone when I am at the motel. Then I think it is the router or the cable tv cable.  I would like some input on this to confirm this idea of mine please.

• 

17K Posts

June 25th, 2019 07:00

reble,

Click my name and private message me the pc service tag number as well as your registered name, email address, and phone number.

No Events found!